Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
07-01-2019, (Subject: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe ) 
RE: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe
Truck got a test drive,.. had to come right back ... coolant and oil pouring like mad out of the bottom the engine passenger side front area...

I guess 74bassman forgot to tighten 2 bolts on the water pump housing base. The 2 that are behind the crank shaft damper.

-- Off comes the lower bumper, the hood, Out comes the front structure, belts and fan removed, etc.etc... got to them and tightened them up.

Did a double-up torque-wrench check on all the other bolts in the front end just to be safe, then all back together. Took an entire day, but otherwise no big deal, I helped him knock it out quickly.

-- Another test drive,.. then he heads home with it -- then a panic,.. as again,.. something pouring out under the truck in his drive-way -- the condensation from the A/C... Whew what a relief... LOL. - truck / engine runs smooth and beautiful,. like a new one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , DosGatos , Volvo8873 , Magard , JMBT , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teaching 74bassman how to do an inframe - Rawze - 07-01-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.