Turning my authority back on...
06-18-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
(06-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...I do my best out here and hate being taken advantage of. Just received my paycheck, not happy, they are a tad bit judicious with their numbers when they tell you what the load pays, sad....

Hopefully that situation is behind you and you're moving on to bigger and better. Sounds like it may have actually been a good thing...pushed you to jumpstart your authority more aggressively.

(06-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  And you could not get anyone at Apex? They picked right up when I called, gave me prices without a question. Maybe they are extra busy, I know OOIDA is.

Actually within about 20min of you posting this I called them back and got an answer. Sounds like they have good pricing and also have a T/A on my route that would be easily accessible. Certainly looks like a good avenue. Filled out some info and am waiting for a response sometime tomorrow.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-18-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
(06-18-2019 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(06-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...I do my best out here and hate being taken advantage of. Just received my paycheck, not happy, they are a tad bit judicious with their numbers when they tell you what the load pays, sad....

Hopefully that situation is behind you and you're moving on to bigger and better. Sounds like it may have actually been a good thing...pushed you to jumpstart your authority more aggressively.

(06-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  And you could not get anyone at Apex? They picked right up when I called, gave me prices without a question. Maybe they are extra busy, I know OOIDA is.

Actually within about 20min of you posting this I called them back and got an answer. Sounds like they have good pricing and also have a T/A on my route that would be easily accessible. Certainly looks like a good avenue. Filled out some info and am waiting for a response sometime tomorrow.

Oh cool, I hope Apex works out for you. And so true on giving me that kick in the rear end, this place was the straw that broke this camel's back. Actually finding some pretty good freight out here, now just need to go get it. Will have the insurance locked up in the morning, FMSCA is waiting for them to file and then I go active, which the way things are progressing, should be on Thursday, or even today. Not bad seeing as it has not even been four business days.
replyreply
06-19-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
The drug consortium, if you do not know what that is, that is what the DOT calls the drug testing outfit that randomly picks a driver, out of the blue, to go test. If you have your own authority, you need to belong to one, federal law. Been through a DOT audit, they do check.

I wound up going with OOIDA for this, vs Concentra for free, as I mentioned earlier. One thing I forgot, is that if audited, I need all of that drug paperwork, handbooks, etc. to give to new employees, you are supposed to have all of this stuff on file, again, federal law.

Well, Concentra does not offer that paperwork... So, I got the gal at OOIDA to drop the $110 fee for the paperwork, pamphlets, etc that you would give to an employee, for free to keep me from going with Concentra. So, I think I paid $125 to be properly set up in their drug consortium. I went and did my pre-employment drug screen yesterday, at Concentra, LOL!

The reason I did this, is that Concentra was totally clueless about this program they offer. I said screw it, and to avoid what I saw as a day on the phone telling Concentra about the program they offered was not worth my time, and in the long run, if audited, may get me in trouble. So, OOIDA was kind of a no brainer at this point.
replyreply
Went LIVE on Safer this morning, need to get the insurance in to go active! Yipee! Then we need to set up KY and NY, cannot do that until I get my insurance filed, and the IFTA permit and stickers. KY is no charge... Need to check NY. NY looks to be either free, or $1.50... NY is a hot mess of a website, set off all sorts of warnings on my browser. KY is not much better, a bit confusing. Why do they make something so simple so difficult? LOL! Don't answer that. ;-)

Door signage ordered, should have tomorrow or Friday. Getting there...
replyreply
Why are you going online for government stuff. They are stupid slow and way behind on websites and tech.

All of this stuff is better handled in one day in person at your state capital at whatever offices and federal building. As far as other states, making direct phone calls to KY and NY gets stuff done way quicker and efficiently. Not smooth but better than trying to work with their online bugs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-19-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Why are you going online for government stuff. They are stupid slow and way behind on websites and tech.

All of this stuff is better handled in one day in person at your state capital at whatever offices and federal building. As far as other states, making direct phone calls to KY and NY gets stuff done way quicker and efficiently. Not smooth but better than trying to work with their online bugs.

Well, I’m doing pretty good, insurance is on its way to FMSCA, all I have left is NY and KY, numbers need to be active to reinstate. IFTA is all set, again just waiting on my numbers to go live. Used to be you could walk in, now everything is over the Internet. But, I have called to speed things up. I don’t know, 5 days to reinstate and able to roll, I think that is pretty good.
replyreply
Passed my pre-employment drug test! Studied for hours... ;-)
replyreply
06-20-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
Get a call yesterday, afternoon... It is my insurance company, the one that told me Friday that they no longer write cargo insurance, which they have not for years... Well guess what, for me they say, they do! Bastards! Now I am waiting on them for their quote, as I want to stay with them, as I have been with them for 15 years, and when I have needed them, they were on it.

My old agent retired or moved elsewhere, my new agent has been great, but slipped up on telling me the full skinny. Well, one of the other girls in the office found out, and called me, had all my info, just double checking and said they only write policies, cargo, for certain folks. I fit that criteria. So, putting this on hold to see what she comes up with, already paid OOIDA, no clue if the monies can be returned, put them on the debit card. I have yet to sign anything.

Or, I keep the ball rolling with OOIDA and then switch over in the next 90 days. We shall see what she comes up with.

See, this is the reason I am turning my authority back on, to get away from this nonsense. I guess it is everywhere, eh?
replyreply
06-20-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
It’s really pretty impossible to avoid incompetence in the world anymore. The newer generations don’t recognize that there is anything wrong with it. They all got participation points for just showing up in school.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Nostalgic , snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.