Cm 870 cry for help
08-01-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
Alright all I rented a computer from a local shop to do this myself I'm in their parking lot and just had a very reputable guy do the tuning over the air he said I had a laundry list of problems but the truck is much much much smoother now and sounds way better... Is there anyway someone can look at what he did thru team viewer while I'm still here just to double check the work I've heard to many horor story's lol
replyreply
Who did the work?
replyreply
PM me who did it. If it needs checking i can look quick.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-01-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Who did the work?

I couldn't get ahold of anyone on this forum and had to get it done today being that today was the only day I would have access to insite I used a guy on another FB forum that I am a member of his FB name is {name removed} I've even a member of that forum for years and have heard nothing but good things only one bad that was resolved
replyreply
Okay so today I made it my mission to get this thing tuned correctly and i got it done finally... I believe the the guy that tuned it did a very good job I can tell you this... This truck has never ran so smooth it still has a miss you can tell and is a little rough but there was a laundry list of codes I will upload them here..the agenda for tomorrow is pull timing actuators and clean them along with a full PM and lots of other stuff to the chassis am I headed in the right direction ?
replyreply
You're soon to find out you made a mistake. The program you got is almost guaranteed to be an engine damaging time bomb. We see it here constantly.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
if it didn't come from here its most likely wrong and bad. ive been here almost a year and every single person "NO JOKE" that has said "oh this genius is recommended by everyone and does fantastic work" has had their own boots shoved down their throats when they start having issues and finally pull their head out of their ass and have someone here look at the program and find a complete laundry list of engine damaging settings.

and ive talked to a few... maybe 3 or 4 people who have had PukeDits or a copy of their programming put in their truck and in the first couple months they loved it truck ran awesome tons of power and decent fuel mileage. then all the sudden the turbo blows...then a head gasket blows, then another turbo, and at the very worst a new window into the block at the end. and because of this experience they went back to the old 3406 cat/60 series/N14 and such engines because they dont want to deal with it.

the help here is basically free if your willing to learn and spend some money on equipment "laptop/inline 6/insite" and some high seas sailing for CT maybe 800 bucks total for all items and your off to the races for 2 tanks of fuel to save 100s of tanks in cash. vs the 10s of thousands the "pros" charge to do it and the 10s of thousands in damage they cause.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
(08-01-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  if it didn't come from here its most likely wrong and

The tune that was in this truck was a ticking time time bomb and WAS damaging the engine for 100 percent certainty... High oil temps low fuel mileage bellowing black smoke idled so rough I can't even begin to explain it to you... I hate to say this this way but there are other people besides the people on this forum who know and understand these engines I've already pmd Unilevers to have him take a look at it when I get do get my insite it just takes time when you are in the position I am in if you don't have it you don't have it so I will continue to do the best I can until then
replyreply
Here are the faults I had before I haven't had any since but I have only ran the truck about 50 miles what do you guys think? Keep in mind that I just had the egr valve and turbo off to do the exhaust manifold gaskets

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Nick Hartman_faults_before.pdf (Size: 85.72 KB / Downloads: 0)
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.