Cm 870 cry for help
08-03-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
(08-03-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I will say this if you had cpl 8519 and current 8520 and using ECM from old engine your biggest problem your facing is camshaft timing. 8519 is 4 degrees on injector cam and 8520 is 6 degrees so if you used a file for the 8519 i could see a real issue.

What kind of damage would that do too much fuel or not enough? If that's the case then it has been that way for about 40k miles... I for sure need to get that correct before anything else... I know the parts inside are the same I wonder what other timing and things like that are different
replyreply
(08-03-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I will say this if you had cpl 8519 and current 8520 and using ECM from old engine your biggest problem your facing is camshaft timing. 8519 is 4 degrees on injector cam and 8520 is 6 degrees so if you used a file for the 8519 i could see a real issue.

What kind of damage would that do too much fuel or not enough? If that's the case then it has been that way for about 40k miles... I for sure need to get that correct before anything else... I know the parts inside are the same I wonder what other timing and things like that are different

I posted how you should verify what you got here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid41828

if you have not done this yet, you are only continuing to guess in the dark.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-03-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

I have verified that the esn and cpl are correct for the current engine... I also called the guy that did the tuning and asked him about the timing proceeded to tell me that the timjng didn't matter and didn't need to be changed that they were the same between those cpls so the didn't need to be changed and then he told me how do you think tuners add power we jump to the next cpl numbers till we get what we want... That made me want to cringe because I'm sure that is not right...
replyreply
(08-03-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

I have verified that the esn and cpl are correct for the current engine... I also called the guy that did the tuning and asked him about the timing proceeded to tell me that the timjng didn't matter and didn't need to be changed that they were the same between those cpls so the didn't need to be changed and then he told me how do you think tuners add power we jump to the next cpl numbers till we get what we want... That made me want to cringe because I'm sure that is not right...

I'm not gonna say it........

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SIDE_SHOW
different between a 4 and 6 degree wedge would be the timing the fuel gets shoved into the cylinder i cant remember how it goes but if the timing tables were set for a 4degree and you have a 6 it could be WAY advanced or WAY retarded. advanced is dangerous and will slowly in the sense of a year destroy the engine overheating the cylinders/oil/water. and if he says timing doesnt matter hes a fucking ass who needs a flogging.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
thats not tuning. Thats lick n sticking.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Magard
(08-03-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I'm not gonna say it........

Like your signature says yeah I'm really that dumb lol it's alright the good news is that I haven't ran the truck and I still have recourse to get my money back but I'm back to square one on getting this done without me having insite
replyreply
(08-03-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  different between a 4 and 6 degree wedge would be the timing the fuel gets shoved into the cylinder i cant remember how it goes but if the timing tables were set for a 4degree and you have a 6 it could be WAY advanced or WAY retarded. advanced is dangerous and will slowly in the sense of a year destroy the engine overheating the cylinders/oil/water. and if he says timing doesnt matter hes a fucking ass who needs a flogging.

You are correct on that one... For sure
replyreply
(08-03-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  thats not tuning. Thats lick n sticking.

Yes sir you are 1000 percent correct but if there is a silver lining it is that a. I learned my lesson.. b. I haven't ran the truck with this tune it... And c I have a way to get my money back but I'm still at square one on getting this thing tuned correctly without having insite...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.