Cm 870 cry for help
08-01-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
Assuming the engine itself IS an 870 for a moment ...

The determining factors that make up a particular CPL and engine tier on the CM870 are...

* The injector part#'s.
* The wedges that were used to put the engine together with.
* The injector cam (has to match whatever injectors that were installed).
* The valve cam (has to match whatever injectors that were installed).
* The pistons themselves (has to match whatever tier engine it is).

Because it is an 870, if you cannot find out what CPL/ser# it has, then your only option is to wedge the engine to see what wedges were used when it was built (most likely either 4 and 6, or 6 and 6) ... after that, you need to see what injector part#'s it has installed (by getting the part# off the injectors themselves) and go from there, as you will not be able to get the part#'s off the cams or pistons without disassembling the engine. *Pray no one has replaced the injectors with the wrong part#s in its past.

With this info, the right programming can be determined. - I would suggest you flash it back to whatever factory programming that is, once found, for starters towards solving your issues.

Engines don't fix themselves, so the mechanical stuff you mentioned is on you to solve... that is how we make money in this trucking world these days .. by fixing on our own trucks, because that is our only advantage against the mega-fleeces out there driving freight prices so low otherwise.

Now for the red flag I see...

ALSO, you claim it is a 2007 ..... MOST 2007 TRUCKS WERE NOT BUILT WITH A CM870 (Have been told there are a few out there though) ... 2007 AND NEWER TRUCKS ALMOST ALL OF THEM REQUIRED A DPF IN THEM. -- DID IT USED TO HAVE A DPF FILTER ON IT? If so, and someone removed it, then the original engine was a CM871, not an 870,... huge difference!.

-- IF YOU AREN'T 110% SURE WHAT MODEL ENGINE YOU HAVE, YOU NEED TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE ENGINE AND POST THEM HERE.

It may not be a bad idea to, at this point, make an appointment with and take it down to Mr. Hags if you really want some help with getting everything right. It sounds like you might be in over your head.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Rawze - 08-01-2019
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-01-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-03-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-09-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - ynot - 09-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.