Cm 870 cry for help
08-02-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
(08-01-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  Here are the faults I had before I haven't had any since but I have only ran the truck about 50 miles what do you guys think? Keep in mind that I just had the egr valve and turbo off to do the exhaust manifold gaskets

A lot of those codes are related to the typical turbo derate and overheating seen on 870's with someone unplugging the egr system on it, and not re-programming it properly.

Sad part is that the damage and its eventual failure may already have been set in motion, as those codes have hundreds of occurrences. What is eve worse, is that a lot of the horrible delete programs for the 870, they block those codes from coming up in the dash, so I hope like hell that is not what was just done during its questionable re-programming, as any moron with access to the insides of that ecm can simply magically make those codes go away by blocking the ecm's ability of showing them in the dash (most bad deletes they do this), so therefore I have zero faith in your codes suddenly going away, and you should too.

In the mean time...

* What is the boost levels it is getting up to in a hard pull?
* What does the pyro look like?
* Is the oil temp going up in the 235-240+ range on a hard pull?
* how many miles does it go after an oil change before the oil starts turning black?
* have you taken steps to actually fix that truck? or are you just driving it around with all those problems?

-- those are some of the tings you can look for until you can get it looked at properly.

- If you end up in atlanta area, you can stop by and I will look at the program with you, show you exactly what someone has done if no one else can get to it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-01-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Rawze - 08-02-2019
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-03-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-09-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - ynot - 09-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.