Cm 870 cry for help
08-02-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
there are so many pockets air can hide then move and cause issues usualy it takes a bit of driving to sort it all out. when i replaced my actuators i did 1 set at a time to make sure it was easy to start as atleast 3 cyls would be good with fuel. ive heard nightmare stories about doing it all at once and taking hours to get started if not using ether as the fuel system had air in it and all the old lines were letting in some air.

another thing is you said theres a whole in EGR and you plugged at intake. that EGR system if hole is past EGR valve can still leak exhaust or if its before valve will still leak so you would be loosing some exhaust pressure that would have created boost.

in the 7.3l diesels when i would do injector o-rings they would run like crap till you took them out on the road beat the hell out of it for 10-15 miles then it would run like a top as it had air in fuel and the hydraulic system that drove the injectors.

so now another problem you have is that tuning. if the engines were different CPLs there are settings in the ECM that normally dont get changed during a tune because they dont need to be but they still effect how it runs and if the guy from facebook didnt put a stock tune for your changed CPL into the engine THEN do the tuning as he most likely just used CT to throw an overlay onto the program and called it good.

your timing could be way advanced which would make a truck seem like its runing like a top while in reality its burning the top of the piston off running way advanced. just like an old car advance the crap out of its gona run super smooth and be snappy but its gona run hot and probably melt pistons.

i dont know the difference in all the parts between CPLs but these are some things i think could happen.

Your metering/timing actuators might be putting to much/little fuel in the selective spots in the injector as the interior spaces in the injector could be different.

the turbo tables might be off due to different ratings of CPLs.

im sure the list goes on.

and for the most part none of us really want to rag on you for your tuning decision. but what we dont want to see is you coming back saying your engine is destroyed and its going to ruin your business/family. the tuning here is time tested over tons of trucks and its free if youll take the time to learn/listen and a small investment. just like coming here you could have your 2250 still going as the dealership brainwash of 1200rpms under a full load and full power is good is such bs on their poorly designed liner system in that type of application.

"maybe you have IDK" one thing i havent seen and most will do it is you asking if anyone is in your area. there might not be but there might be and most people here wouldnt hesitate to stop by with their laptop and software and help pull you out of your rut.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-01-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Lonestar10 - 08-02-2019
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-03-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-09-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - ynot - 09-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.