Pete/KW front suspension
08-12-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
Pete/KW front suspension
It seems that I have the notorious Pete/KW front suspension pops. I keep it greased weekly, which helps, but continue to get popping on and off while turning. I'm no suspension expert, things look tight underneath when I take the weight off the front axle. Any suggestions? No irregular tire wear to note. Thanks!
replyreply
RE: Pete/KW front suspension
I’m curious to what people have to say to this. I have a 06 t800 that pops when turning also. I had a shop do the shackles and spring pins (for really cheep) and it still pops. King pins seem okay when I try to pry them while jacked up. The spring shop told me they can sell me a new spring stack, but they don’t see anything else wrong. Maybe it’s a normal noise? I’m letting it pop for now, as much as I hate it
replyreply
It's the pins sliding in the bushings. It's just how they are. Has nothing to do with the springs

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
08-13-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
-- All I could think of while reading those posts is that whoever was suggesting whole new assemblies and saying they can't find it, etc. should not be doing front suspension work.

Yes, it is the spring(s) sliding sideways in the pin bushing(s) on the front and it has nothing much to do with the back shackles. Sometimes it is on one side (driver or passenger), sometimes it is both sides.

There are spacer kits to fix it .. The spacers look like big washers and take up the side-play in the front pin. It is easy to fix. <-- That is, if you can get all the weight off the front spring assy properly. It can be very dangerous for someone not knowing how to properly get the weight off them because as soon as you remove that front spring hanger/pin to insert the spacers, the whole axle will want to jump back and fold up because the shackles in the back get real wonky once that front is loose.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Andre_The_Giant
Thank you Rawze I’ll look into doing my front spring pin bushings again, I’m guessing they did it for cheep for a reason (Chinese parts)
replyreply
update* I found my receipt. They never did the very front pins/Bushings. They only did the rear shackle pins & bushings. I called them today about it, i was told they did not seem worn. Is there a way for me to make 100% sure that is my clunking problem? Maybe jack it up from just the frame? Then try turning the wheel? My Spring pins and bushings are the threaded type, i'm not sure if they make a spacer kit for them. Its a 20k front axle
replyreply
08-14-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
(08-13-2019 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  update* I found my receipt. They never did the very front pins/Bushings. They only did the rear shackle pins & bushings. I called them today about it, i was told they did not seem worn. Is there a way for me to make 100% sure that is my clunking problem? Maybe jack it up from just the frame? Then try turning the wheel? My Spring pins and bushings are the threaded type, i'm not sure if they make a spacer kit for them. Its a 20k front axle

Take some well lit photos of the front hanger pins from the bottom up and post them here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Not a Paccar truck but I had a Volvo that popped when I turned the wheel hard in any direction shop pulled the spring out of truck and upon removal of the bushing found out the front eye of the spring had cracked, something to lookout for.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Andre_The_Giant

99% sure they are original, ill check for cracks around the eye tomorrow. Im getting a loud pop when in turn loaded (only sometimes)
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.