Pete/KW front suspension
08-14-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
RE: Pete/KW front suspension
./uploads/201908/post_2_1565837155_8b6aec0318464fbd5db731815fb95656.png

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
08-15-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
I think the pins are threaded though, internally.
./uploads/201908/post_4399_1565863523_44138ef93c1e2400ccb7484b46d46537.jpeg
replyreply
(08-15-2019 )Andre_The_Giant Wrote:  I think the pins are threaded though, internally.

The spacer kit(s) also helps prevent the inner leaf from slipping against the outer leaf?, not 100% sure. - I know I have seen a lot of guys have to install those spacers because of the popping front end problems. It is almost always the front, not the back that causes it.

if the center pin is threaded like in the pic you provided, and its slipping, then it likely needs replacing too, but I doubt it will be successful without spacers, as the hole it threads into may likely be stripped as well. just some thoughts.

I am not trying to say that spacers solve every problem... I just know that I have seen them quite a few times because of front ends having this issue, and it solving them vs more expensive options.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
Check your actual mount bolts. If the spring pin is tight and the locking cross bolts are tight and good the actual spring hanger mount maybe moving.

Jack the front end up off the ground an inch or so and get a big.... scratch that.... a huge pry bar and start moving things around.
replyreply
I find that if i lift my w900 up so theres no load on the springs/pins and grease them that way (yes a pita) i don't get the "pop" but i only do it that after winter and just before too. seems to help.. but i've been know to use way to much grease the rest of the time. LOL
and i got use of a really big jack at a buddy's shop to use to do it at, (frame lift type.)

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
I had a brand new Pete years ago that would pop in the front end loaded hard turn. It’s just a symptom of 1940 technology in paccar stuff. I hope the newer body style trucks have a better setup.
replyreply
worse comes to worse,.. a go=-pro and a few turns in a parking lot may reveal it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant , dhirocz
08-16-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
I was thinking that too. go p could probably work, as long as it doesn’t shake around too much. I’m going to try Chambers huge pry bar idea. Hopefully I can jack the truck up from just the frame and try moving things (carefully). I’ll try to measure the king pin play with a dial indicator while I’m at it

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
08-16-2019, (Subject: Pete/KW front suspension ) 
2 - 5 ton jacks and a couple 4x4's under the front engine mount will get the truck up off the ground and pretty stable so you can shake things around.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant , Rawze , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.