Fuel mileage
10-11-2019, (Subject: Fuel mileage ) 
RE: Fuel mileage
To be fair, he didn't say what country he's operating in. He might be working on Mexican rules ;-p
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(10-11-2019 )MageRoyal Wrote:  last i checked, it was only legal to drive 11 hours a day.

11hrs in a shift but you can drive more in a day 11 driving + 30min break + 10 off = 21 1/2hrs so start the shift again an you've got more allowable in a 24hr period.

You really have too get after it too pull it off though.

Canada is a bit different they put a cap of 13hrs max driving in a 24hr period because the way our rules are you could pull off 15hrs+ of driving every second day.
replyreply
Up where the polar bears and wild uni roam ....
You are aloud to drive 13 hrs a day and 70 in 7 with only 8 hrs off .
Then you get futher north and you get 15 a day.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(10-11-2019 )ynot Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 )MageRoyal Wrote:  last i checked, it was only legal to drive 11 hours a day.

11hrs in a shift but you can drive more in a day 11 driving + 30min break + 10 off = 21 1/2hrs so start the shift again an you've got more allowable in a 24hr period.

Canada is a bit different they put a cap of 13hrs max driving in a 24hr period because the way our rules are you could pull off 15hrs+ of driving every second day.

Well technically you are right but it is called a deferral . So I steal 2 hrs from tommorow 13+2= 15 BUT tommorow I have to pay them back 13-2=11. I would have to check but I had that that was only for unseen circumstances.
Then you get into spilt sleeper birth rules which I won't get into . I did hear the U.S might be getting this as well , I sure hope they do .

replyreply
Maybe this helps    

replyreply
Or he could be using the agricultural exemption
replyreply
(10-11-2019 )the missing link Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 )ynot Wrote:  

Well technically you are right but it is called a deferral . So I steal 2 hrs from tommorow 13+2= 15 BUT tommorow I have to pay them back 13-2=11. I would have to check but I had that that was only for unseen circumstances.
Then you get into spilt sleeper birth rules which I won't get into . I did hear the us might be getting this as well , I sure hope they do .

Think of it as a 16 hour day. 14 hours on duty, 13 hours driving, plus 2 hours off duty however you can take it.

The deferral takes the two hours off duty time and turns into drive time. So it’s now an 18 hour day. Then day two you have to take the two hours off duty time back

I had a scalemaster once try to tell me a deferral was for inclement weather only. I opened my log book and showed him the deferral section of the HOS, NOWHERE does it say for unforeseen circumstances, at that point my 16 hour day was up. So I used a deferral and boogied on home.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
10-12-2019, (Subject: Fuel mileage ) 

North of the 49th parallel, 13hrs per day drive time is legal.
./uploads/201910/post_2077_1570911548_5a965fccc0f47d5e25634f61896a651c.jpeg
When you are north of the 60th parallel, 15hrs drive time is legal.
I wasn't aware of this debate while I was just up there, or I could have shown a live >14hr legal day with drive time available...

Remember, no one really knows all the rule

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , Rawze
10-16-2019, (Subject: Fuel mileage ) 
I need a turbo actuator but I can’t see that changing things drastically. Time will tell.

I started playing around with changing the revolutions per mile today to make up for the shorter tires. According to the radar detector I’m about 2-3 mph slower than what the speedometer actually reads. At 55 by the radar detector, the speedo read 52-53. So I’ll try to dial that in. I set it to 500 RPM from Toyos website

Last two tanks of fuel were 6.5 and then 7 mpg. I can’t hardly believe I hit 7 something must be wrong there. Maybe the speedo being off threw the odometer off...

Anyway, leaving in the morning for Florida. Delivers Sunday. So lots of time to get it there. We’ll see if we can get this old brick down and back using minimal fuel.

Also ordered a new thermocouple for my pyro today. @magard said having a working pyro is really important, so hopefully that’s in the mail when I get back.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.