Winter is here! Heated Wiper Blade time.
11-11-2019, (Subject: Winter is here! Heated Wiper Blade time. ) 
RE: Winter is here! Heated Wiper Blade time.
Yes, Winter is here... Tried to leave for work, could not make it out to the main road, which entails an 8% grade, even with the PD and Lockers, she was not going anywhere... Had to back her up a good 1/2 mile to get to my road and then trying to get back up the drive, LOL! I eventually made it...

Been out there plowing the road with the Silverado, I think we have close to 6 inches and we still have until midnight... Not one salt truck or plow out either, roads are crap, ice and snot, accidents everywhere... I could not believe it, I guess everyone on the road commission is a Veteran and took the day off. It's Beer:30, then will go out and hit it again, will be doing this all afternoon and into the evening, saying up to 10 inches...

Oh, the heated wiper blades worked like a champ. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Just got back in, still snowing and now getting dark, I think I got the neighborhood pretty good, and a few of the neighbors drives that I could get into taken care of too, along with our mailboxes and my buddy down the road. Happy Veterans Day guys! I will never get one of those free meals... I was looking forward to that today, LOL!
replyreply
Definitely cold out gona have to get out the old spray bottle been parked 1hr truck went from 120 to 80 psi in both tanks already.... Ugh when it was warm might hit 80psi in 12-14hrs

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(11-11-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Definitely cold out gona have to get out the old spray bottle been parked 1hr truck went from 120 to 80 psi in both tanks already.... Ugh when it was warm might hit 80psi in 12-14hrs

It is down right nasty out there, have the weather channel on, they are showing all of the wrecks... Not one road crew out, just talked to another buddy, coming home from Detroit, real sheet show out there... Michigan, or at least Detroit, broke all records today for snow, I counted near ten inches, just got back in from plowing... Going to have to go out in the morning and plow some more, supposed to snow right up until 0600... I called work, told them I will see you guys on Wednesday... I hope I can get the truck out.
replyreply
11-12-2019, (Subject: Winter is here! Heated Wiper Blade time. ) 
Thanks for the info and link. Will have heated wipers this week!
Maybe someone knows: How to improve the washer spray? Prostar nozzles on the wiper arms don't wet the upper portion of the windshield. Pump is new, hoses and nozzles clean. They just don't reach all of the glass.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
(11-12-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  Thanks for the info and link. Will have heated wipers this week!
Maybe someone knows: How to improve the washer spray? Prostar nozzles on the wiper arms don't wet the upper portion of the windshield. Pump is new, hoses and nozzles clean. They just don't reach all of the glass.

Can't they be repositioned with say a tad bit longer piece of washer hose? NAPA usually carries that stuff, maybe even add another spray nozzle. And they do make unions too add a length of hose.

Found these... https://amzn.to/2qLjxvi
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
I have them almost up to the very end of the arm. The holes just don't aim high enough. I'll look at some of the replacement nozzles. Thanks

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
I was just considering this today. Got stuck in that mess that just blew through KY, and I noticed my passenger wiper froze and lifted off the windshield.

Might need some heated headlights too. With these 7" round LED headlights, they no longer got hot enough and the ice and snow build up on them and block the light.

Lastly, I really need to order a new winterfront. I normally stay in the SE region, but Im with a new company now, so I notice I travel further than I used to before heading back on my dedicated routes.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
50+ car pileup today in ohio,...
https://weather.com/safety/news/2019-11-...ys-covered

https://youtu.be/LqNrTqUWuMU

everyone be safe out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.