02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question
10-16-2019, (Subject: 02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question ) 
02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question
I reviewed the Rawze instructional videos on YouTube and found them very informational. I was curious as to how long the truck needs to run before it smooths out?

I ran the pickup pump six times and the trucks didn’t take much cranking without ether to fire up. If was rough for a minute than it got better but still did not sound right.

I’m afraid I need to check the overhead again being my first time but I seemed to pick it up well with the instructions given. I did not adjust the injector rockers as suggested in the video.

Looking for any insight on the matter.

Thank you, Chris
replyreply
10-16-2019, (Subject: 02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question ) 
RE: 02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question
if all is installed well my truck today after a head replacement leveled out in about 25min or so to what i would call a normal idle and no stumbling. but was still hard to start the first few times after being done. "hard to start" i mean it took a couple more revolutions then normal to start instead of poping off at key turn it was maybe 2-3 seconds.

with the injector replacement you still might need to adjust atleast that cylinders injector rocker as new injector isnt as work in as the old.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: FrontlineLogistics
I did not go 25 mins. Probably less than ten. It didn’t sound good to me and I didn’t want to hurt anything further.

I’ll try again in the morning
replyreply
10-17-2019, (Subject: 02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question ) 
Is it different to how it ran before? I've never met a CM570 that had a perfect idle - It's just the way they are.
replyreply
10-17-2019, (Subject: 02 CM570 Signature Injector replacement and valve set question ) 
Here is mine starting, CM-871, this is immediately after buttoning her up after the in frame in Rawze's driveway... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdRaSD9mqk

We did an initial start, just turning it over, I shot video of that too, that was 27 seconds long. We let the starter rest for roughly one or two minutes, then I shot the above video.

Fresh in frame, 6 new injectors, cams, etc.
replyreply
No it is a different feel and noise than prior to injector replacement. Yes it has never been a smooth idle but this sounds almost like a metal tapping noise. I may have set the overhead too tight. I was unsure of the resistance the feeler gauge needed to feel like and from what I have read on the internet you should set them when resistance starts and I set them to right before the feeler gauge stopped moving. I’m going back under the valve cover this morning to try again.
replyreply
Waterloo. Is sounds the same with a slight stumble to it
replyreply
Update: I let it run for 25 mins. No change. I’m going back to the overhead and see if I over tightened the valve lash. I also need to purchase a dial torque wrench and set the injectors as well
replyreply
(10-17-2019 )FrontlineLogistics Wrote:  Update: I let it run for 25 mins. No change. I’m going back to the overhead and see if I over tightened the valve lash. I also need to purchase a dial torque wrench and set the injectors as well

Pick up a little 1/4" beam torque wrench, easier to see when adjusting the 5 and 6 injectors. I have the CDI dial unit, the beam is much easier to use, at least on my ProStar up under the firewall/doghouse.

{picture added by Rawze}
https://amzn.to/2nQg3X4
./uploads/201910/post_2_1571338630_774c50456377b419a9f6c38920d9f07c.png
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.