Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
04-23-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
e-mail me the file from your truck and i will update it for you and ensure it is correct.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
04-23-2020, (Subject: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?) ) 
RE: Brock's 08 Pete 389 engine swap(Yellow to Red?)
(04-23-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-23-2020 )Brock Wrote:  I pulled a factory file from another member with a twin truck to mine, I ran the mm2w overlay then put it in my truck and drove it after changing all the parameters for my specific truck them I pulled the file and sent it to you.

I think I changed bunch of truck specific things in the cal as well I may have added 2 degrees on soi for some stupid reason (the timing was already done in the tables so I know I dont need soi) , I wasnt overly concerned doing that as the file was being sent to you before it leaves the yard.

all I know is that, in the file sent to me, that someone added 2+ degrees on the master setting ,.. but it also had +7 in the tables... this is way to much for the isx at high torque.

there are some other things that need to be updated as well before calling that fil
e "good".

maybe your using a severely out of date file or ocverlay?

The overlay I used is out of date but doesn't have the 2 degrees added, I did that myself. I'm guessing the overlay timing table was set up for lower hp.

Good thing I sent it to you before running down the road like a idiot!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.