cm2350 antifreeze in fuel
11-10-2019, (Subject: cm2350 antifreeze in fuel ) 
RE: cm2350 antifreeze in fuel
(11-10-2019 )Yauchout Wrote:  I will call first thing Monday morning.. I ordered a nexiq adapter as well

You did buy the real one, not a knock off I hope? The Chinese nexiq knock offs do not work well with our trucks, been discussed many times here in the past. You need an Inline 6 reader, -inline 6 knockoffs on ebay however are good, work fine, around $300 or less on eBay. Shipping is fast, mine is going strong, an older Inline 5, bought it in 2014 when I rid myself of the mandate. Used it not long ago...
replyreply
Ordered off Amazon prime was over $600 if it's a fake I'll send it back
replyreply
(11-10-2019 )Yauchout Wrote:  Ordered off Amazon prime was over $600 if it's a fake I'll send it back

The knock offs are around $200 to $300... Most guys go to FleetPride, that way they know for sure they are getting a real deal. You should be good, just register the unit, if it is a fake, you will know in short order.
replyreply
I might cancel the order on Amazon and go to fleetpride.. I didn't know they sold them.. one of my brokers let's me lets me use their fleet pricing at fleetpride
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
11-11-2019, (Subject: cm2350 antifreeze in fuel ) 
(11-10-2019 )Yauchout Wrote:  I might cancel the order on Amazon and go to fleetpride.. I didn't know they sold them.. one of my brokers let's me lets me use their fleet pricing at fleetpride

read this post carefully... I had purchased one from amazon too...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid31813

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-10-2019 )Yauchout Wrote:  I might cancel the order on Amazon and go to fleetpride.. I didn't know they sold them.. one of my brokers let's me lets me use their fleet pricing at fleetpride

FleetPride, my local guys are fantastic. And if you can use your buddies account that will save you a few bucks, may even be less than Amazon. I have a cash account with FleetPride, and it is nothing to get up to 30% off the pricing on certain items. Like I said, great guys, and they carry more parts for our trucks than you can imagine, they are a good outfit to have a business relationship with.
replyreply
(11-09-2019 )Yauchout Wrote:  
(11-09-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Who tuned the truck? If someone not recommended here, you may have discovered the issue.

It was a local dealership

Well... this guy was in atlanta today, so I told him to stop by. We can look at his truck for a bit and see if the programming is any good, etc.. This is what was found...

Hardware-wise...

As his truck was coming down the road, you could hear the turbo screaming and over-spooling before I even saw his truck. It was obvious something was wrong, or that the truck was running/stuck in scr warmup-mode permanently or something, it trying to choke the exhaust all the time.

He showed up and I said to him that it did not sound right .. I think he was skeptical at first.

- One look at his engine revealed that someone blocked off the EGR port on the water pump. Mistake number one .. the thing is making too much water pressure in the dead, blocked off leg of the pump. It is only going to cause pre-mature water-pump failure in its future with this now blocked circuit with a dead leg in it, face-loading the pump bearings.

Next, egr cooler is missing and back half of engine (cyl 5 and 6) is starving for proper water flow. All the other EGR related stuff is removed, and this guy is looking to get a fine if he gets inspected somewhere. #5 and #6 are also starving for coolant and even the exhaust manifold shows signs of this by now... this engine is slowly destroying itself and is destined to drop #5 or #6 liner out of it.

Pulled a copy of the wonderful tuning that the dealerS%hit ... yes,.. an actual OEM international stealersh%it did this hack-job, half-arssed delete program, some place over in Alabama (will not mention the name) ...this is what was found...

===============
After comparing what he had to what should have been done ...

** crank case filter sensor disabled, did not tell truck owner to drill out cc filter. This could have lead to turbo seal failure if the owner forgets to replace the CC filter regularly. Crank case pressure logic not switched off properly, just a blocking code to prevent its alarms in the dash of the truck.

** Delta-P sensor for EGR not shut off properly, still active.

** All aux emissions were still on, ECM fighting itself to make emissions on now missing exhaust components. Even the truck owners eyes were wide open in disbelief at this garbage once he saw what they did in the program!

** Instead of removing logic properly for the egr valve/actuator, they left it all on and blocked the codes in the dash from showing up, ecm screaming there is faults for it but no codes in dash any more.

** The engine is still running its counter to assume soot is clogging the DPF filter, even though there is not longer a filter installed. - Eventually, it would have screamed the DPF was clogged up due to the counter alone.
** Same thing for soot buildup estimates based on fuelling, injection timing, etc.etc.

** All torque and power derates were left on for the now missing emissions systems. - Truck owner said that sometimes his truck would run decent, and other times, it would have trouble making boost. This is likely a cause of some of this.

** Oxygen fuel control was not re-adjusted for a non-egr engine. Engine is running way to lean, leading to eventual liner problems or other engine failures such as a cracked piston or head.

** Engine still running factory pulse cycles. This can be harmful over time to the tops of the pistons when there is no more EGR gas.

** No mode re-mapping into non-egr mode. - Engine was perpetually stuck into SCR warmup mode where the turbo was screaming and closing off exhaust to make extra heat in the cylinders and exhaust all the time, leading to eventual liner fretting, piston failure, and repeated turbocharger failures. - This is what i was hearing even when he was pulling into the driveway. Driver had no clue that the engine was not supposed to sound that way.

** Injection timing (SOI) still set for heavy use of EGR gas and HCCI-early.. This can eventually cause heavy amounts of fuel impingement issues and/or a cracked piston

* Turbo was not remapped for non-egr operations. It was screaming so hard as the guy pulled up in the driveway that snail Express (he is visiting as well) and I were both we were cringing. It was very obvious.

* DPF Doser injector logic was all still active. Only the faults were blocked from showing up in the dash.

** SCR sensor logic, DOC logic, DPF logic, and all aftertreatment logic is all still on. Only the codes were blocked in the dash of the vehicle.

* Urea injection system was all still on, only the codes were blocked in the dash from showing.

* Engine out NOx sensor was still active. Faults for it blocked in the dash.

* communications to all the sensors and systems were not shut off. Codes were blocked in the dash instead.

== A mighty fine example of someone doing the bare minimum to get the alarms in the dash to go away... emngine confused as hell on how to run, what modes to be in, and the thing destroying itself. Personally, Between the bad hardware mods, starving cyls 5 and 6 of proper coolant flow + this bad programming, I would not be surprised this engine has a lot more wrong with it, like liner issues and other things bad at this point.

-- I hate to see this kind of crap in anyone's engine .. especially when a truck owner is at an OEM stealers$it .. and trusts them with blind faith, thinking they are doing the right thing. -- Makes me sick to my stomach when I look at this kind of rotten garbage not fit to run a lawn-mower, nonetheless a commercial $40,000 engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Very surprising to me that an OEM shop would do a demandate on someone's engine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Imagine that... Pretty sad, but now the norm out here. Boneheads disguised as mechanics...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.