Engine Running Hot
06-27-2016, (Subject: Engine Running Hot ) 
RE: Engine Running Hot
(06-26-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Don't forget about the internal part. I spent yesterday doing a flush with Cummins Restore and replacing coolant with Fleetguard ES Complete.
The flush is an alkaline additive to tap water, dive it around for 60-90 minutes, flush with tap water a few more times, drain and fill with new coolant repalce filter.
Did a nice job cleaning some minor oil residue from inframe out of the surge tank.

Yes I'm going to run Restore through mine as well. When I popped my rad three years ago in NC, the only one available east of NV was a Detroit Radiator aftermarket one, and they have the wide hood rad listed as a downflow, not a crossflow which it is, so there is no drain plug. I didn't want to run Restore through my system without any way to completely drain the rad as it holds almost 2 gallons below the low hose. I didn't want to have that much residue left over when I refilled the coolant. Rad shop is going to install a properly located drain for me if this one is still solid enough for repair.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Engine Running Hot - mitchtazz - 06-20-2016,
RE: Engine Running Hot - Hammerhead - 06-27-2016
RE: Engine Running Hot - Rawze - 07-04-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.