Turbo ID

Is that where the ID tag goes?

If it is, it’s missing.

Any other way to ID this?

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
11-23-2019, (Subject: Turbo ID ) 
RE: Turbo ID
That's where mine was, WAS, it came off when I put the turbo on. Been on a couple of years now, thank God it's lasted longer than the tag.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck
(11-23-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  That's where mine was, WAS, it came off when I put the turbo on. Been on a couple of years now, thank God it's lasted longer than the tag.

Thanks for the quick answer

replyreply
No, it gives the assembly number and that's the only place they put it.

With the ESN you can say what it should be but you wouldn't be able to verify that.
replyreply
It is CPL8287. The CPL breakdown listed 3 or 4 turbo part numbers.

In quickserve the part number superseded a dozen times

Do all CM870 air actuated turbos work on all CM870s? I’m guessing no

replyreply
It's an he551v turbo. What differs is how they mount to the exhaust manifold. There are several different styles according to what make, model and year of the truck. The dealership would be able to tell you what turbo hung off that engine by the VIN number of the truck the engine was in originally. If that's the original engine in the truck, call the dealership and ask.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck , trucklogger2
(11-23-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  It's an he551v turbo. What differs is how they mount to the exhaust manifold. There are several different styles according to what make, model and year of the truck. The dealership would be able to tell you what turbo hung off that engine by the VIN number of the truck the engine was in originally. If that's the original engine in the truck, call the dealership and ask.

This is in my goofy mixed year truck. I wish I knew the VIN it came from.

Quickserve fuel consumption tree said make sure the correct turbo is on there. You saying it’s a 551 Holset is good enough to cross that off the tree?

replyreply
What is the part# stamped into the elbow connector pipe coming off the turbo towards the charge air cooler?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-23-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  What is the part# stamped into the elbow connector pipe coming off the turbo towards the charge air cooler?

Looks like 94 3C

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.