Volvo dash rattle
12-08-2019, (Subject: Volvo dash rattle ) 
Volvo dash rattle
2000 volvo 660....middle of dash rattles when going down the road...is this common? Didnt see any loose screws anywhere(besides the one behind the wheel)
replyreply
RE: Volvo dash rattle
My 06 rattled like crazy when coming up to a stop sign and hitting rumble strips, finally opened it up and found a bunch of loose bolts/screws.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
On my prostar, my hood used to squeak all the damn time and drive me absolutely mad. I tried everything, lubricated the hood rests up at the cab, joints, adjusted the alignment of it .. nothing seemed to work.

It always sounded like it was squeaking from those rubber stoppers it rests on up by the cab ... One time I greased them up real good,. and the squeaking actually got worse. Drove me crazy.

-- I finally found out what it was. - the damn hood, right where the fiberglass comes close to the rubber edges of the windshield gasket that holds the windshield in,.. that is where it was squeaking.

I got a dremel tool and ground out the hood on both sides a good 3/8" - 1/2" inch back away from that damn rubber windshield gasket so that it cannot rub or touch it, and the hood has never squeaked again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Evotrucker
I fixed my older International 9400i with the same damn squeak in the exact same place rawze described by adjusting the hood rests down so the hood would sit higher, away from the cab.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-11-2019, (Subject: Volvo dash rattle ) 
Stepdads 660 rattled pretty good going down the road.
replyreply
12-11-2019, (Subject: Volvo dash rattle ) 
If the dash has been apart and some of the plastic clips are broken they always rattle.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.