Volvo dash rattle
12-08-2019, (Subject: Volvo dash rattle ) 
RE: Volvo dash rattle
On my prostar, my hood used to squeak all the damn time and drive me absolutely mad. I tried everything, lubricated the hood rests up at the cab, joints, adjusted the alignment of it .. nothing seemed to work.

It always sounded like it was squeaking from those rubber stoppers it rests on up by the cab ... One time I greased them up real good,. and the squeaking actually got worse. Drove me crazy.

-- I finally found out what it was. - the damn hood, right where the fiberglass comes close to the rubber edges of the windshield gasket that holds the windshield in,.. that is where it was squeaking.

I got a dremel tool and ground out the hood on both sides a good 3/8" - 1/2" inch back away from that damn rubber windshield gasket so that it cannot rub or touch it, and the hood has never squeaked again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Evotrucker

Messages In This Thread
Volvo dash rattle - Daytripper - 12-08-2019,
RE: Volvo dash rattle - Brock - 12-08-2019,
RE: Volvo dash rattle - Rawze - 12-08-2019
RE: Volvo dash rattle - JMBT - 12-11-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.