2010 Peterbilt 387 HELP
12-18-2019, (Subject: 2010 Peterbilt 387 HELP ) 
RE: 2010 Peterbilt 387 HELP
(12-17-2019 )Sedrick Wrote:  
(12-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  If those are origional miles then that engine is done .... DO NOT DRIVE IT!!!! --- IT IS A TICKING TIMB BOMB WAITING TO SEND A PISTON THROUGHT THE BLOCK WITH ZERO WARNING!!! --- The wrist pin bushings are done for at that mileage if they are still original and especially so if the rod/mains were not done at 800k like they were supposed to be.

START BY having it inframed!!!!! --- Either take it to Mr. hags so that it can be done right,.. or do it yourself and follow the recommendations of this forum on how to do it properly + make it stronger, more reliable, or you will regret the hell out of it!

Who is Mr. Hags ?
Is there anyway to tell if an inframe has been done ?

I know it sounds like i am panicking... because i am...

I have seen at least a dozen people over the last several years drive theirt ISX -- well past a million miles,.. thinking to themselves --- I can get a few more miles out of it...it is running great... smooth, no vibration... everything good... nothing wrong.

-- i make that warning to them.. and they don;t listen to it, they say i am just being a bit paranoid....

then they call me about 1/2 year later or sometimes less.... and say they regret the hell out of not listening to this advice... while they are on the side of the road, and there is a window in the block that happened without any warning or signs of impending doom whatsoever.
--that is what the ISX does when the rest of the engine makes it that far, and it has been well cared for and get up in the 1.2-1.4 million mile range without an inframe+wrist pin bushings.

-- its just a very predictable "here is what your failure is going to be at that mileage and nothing touched on its insides" and one of those "Well, You were warned, what did you expect" kinda thing at that engine age.

-- Hopefully, you find out that the rod and main bearings were done at 800k miles or os... hopefully you find out that it had an inframe and that it possibly was done right,. but the "doing it right" is the biggest highly doubtful, too many people don't understand this engine to make them right on an inframe. this is especially true with the OEM and Stealers%it network of rip-off mechanics out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2010 Peterbilt 387 HELP - Rawze - 12-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.