Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
06-28-2016, (Subject: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions ) 
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
If the vgt is still sliding smoothly, an the compressor/turbine wheels have no back and forth and up down movement when you reach your hand in and try to move them, I'd still run that turbo.

I replaced my turbo a couple weeks ago cause the actuator was giving me trouble it wouldn't slide past 60% so my Jake brake was useless and so I just replaced the whole thing I've still got the old turbo someday I'll take it apart and see if it was the actuator or the vgt ring causing he problems.

I'm one of the i think few guys running two pyros, I don't know how guys are many are but I don't think it's very many. If your looking to get into playing with your motor and tweaking an tuning it and trying new things, I'd really recommend going with a digital gauge for the internal probe the level of precision they offer over an analogue gauge is awesome for tuning an tweaking, before I changed my turbo and looking at the temps of the internal pyro I could pretty much tell you the fuel rate I was at an could back off to save fuel or say OK I can give it a bit bit and not hurt my mpg too much. I don't even look at the probe on the outside of the manifold anymore unless I'm climbing a big long hill, and checking for heat soak.

Another plus for the digital gauge it's been extremely helpful slowly dialing in this custom monster of a vgt(I'm gonna start a thread about it someday soon) using the internal probe to get pin point egt's I can see how quickly they raising falling and using that too set.my boost so it's not spiking too crazy or using more then I need and of course making sure I'm using enough boost so she don't burn up.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions - ynot - 06-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.