Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
06-30-2016, (Subject: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions ) 
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions
(06-29-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  Good God , Hammerhead! I bought my rocker shafts from Cummins in Las Vegas for something like $50 each ! What are this guys smoking over there?
Canadian pricing Wiseman...for some reason we get shafted pretty on certain items. It's the price of living in God's Country, lmao, that autta elicite some good banter!
Either way, it's DONE!!! Replaced both rocker shafts, all 6 check valve detents & springs! Top end all adjusted according to spec, can't wait to hear it purr and feel that new Jake pressure again. Rad will be done tomorrow, new CAC is here, just gotta button it all up and Restore flush this baby out real good!

The springs varied some, but they were all in the +-9/32" shorter than new. The spring part number was a change up from original build, so I don't know if that's how much they compressed over time, or if they are now slightly longer than original. The Jake rockers are now physically obvious to my hands that they are WAY tighter in the detent positions.
The front shaft looked really good, there was only some minor wear on #1, the rest looked good as new. Either way, it was an inexpensive Jake tune-up and I'll post reviews when I get her back out in the road.

Huge thank you to Wiseman and Mr Hagg for giving me the skinny on the check valve detents and the springs, I wasn't smart enough to know that so I learned something and that's always a bonus! A shout out to Rawze as well for his infamous YouTube videos for visual references!
./uploads/201606/post_2077_1467259898_974bf7661874026f792d3e4b960994df.jpeg
^valve rocker shaft assembly exploded view, live^

(06-29-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  Good job Hammerhead. I wish I lived near you so I could come hang out and learn some of those things. I'd buy the beer.
If you're ever in the area don't hesitate to drop a line, I'm always happy to help, or even teach...cause I usually learn when I help so it's always a win.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turbo, Actuator, and Pyro questions - Hammerhead - 06-30-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.