Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on
12-21-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
RE: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on
Hi Waterloo the DPF was drilled through in 2016 as I said earlier! No emission bs in the truck for the last 300,000 miles when the truck did have the dpf it was serviced lol
replyreply
either remove the guts of dpf or put in a pipe drilling it will prematurely kill the turbo and possibly cause issues all the way back into the head due to the backpressure and heat being pushed back into everything as its not breathing correctly and the exhaust gases are hotter than stock.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
Sounds like a ticking time bomb...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
12-22-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
(12-21-2019 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Hi Waterloo the DPF was drilled through in 2016 as I said earlier! No emission bs in the truck for the last 300,000 miles when the truck did have the dpf it was serviced lol
Like Lonestsr said. You need to have a completely free flowing hollow pipe through the exhaust system. Pull the pipe off and away from the turbo and take it for a spin. See if your problem goes away. You'll them know if this is causing your problems.

If it's not causing your problems it will still cause long term problems like Lonestar said.

Did someone from this site do your ECM demandate? If not you need to have it checked. 300,000 miles of wrong programming will absolutely damage the internals of the engine and cause this problem and many many more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
12-22-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
(12-21-2019 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Hi Waterloo the DPF was drilled through in 2016 as I said earlier! No emission bs in the truck for the last 300,000 miles when the truck did have the dpf it was serviced lol

Cans need to be hollowed out, was anything done to the SCR can? I bet it is still intact... And no clue what you are running in regards to the programming, who did that? Do you have a turbo boost and pyrometer (EGT) gauges? Just guessing, but I'm going with carbon packed and cooked.
replyreply
12-26-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
It was done by someone from this website and done properly. I’m not having issues with the dpf. I’m having issues that started a couple month ago and randomly. Nothing else is wrong with the truck I get 6.5 -7 mpg loaded with 44,000 lbs going back and fourth from ID-AZ right now and I have Peterbilt. I have no other issues WHAT so ever
I pay around 1400 round trip for diesel and I work with other who use Freightliners and pay 1800 right now. And this problem hasn’t effected my mpg or how the engine is running. I charge the oil every 8,000-10000 miles and add 1 gallon gear oil and do it myself with buckets we buy from canada because it’s $60 CAD for a bucket of Shell rotella 15w40 and new filter is 30 bucks cad. So it’s like 180 Plus tax. So I pay 136 bucks US and change my oil more often.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
It’s more likely a sticking Jake solenoid then any engine problem
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Running rough
(12-20-2019 )Shokar92 Wrote:  Hi I have 2014 Peterbilt and last couple weeks when the jakes are turned on the truck sometimes starts vibrating like its driving on rough terrain. It doesn't always happen. The truck has around 690,000 Miles with a ISX15 485 HP engine. In the last couple months I had the cover open because I had coolant in the diesel filters and since repaired that with the new fix from cummins by adding the rings to each injector cup ran great for a couple month and now this issue came up also this truck doesn't have DPF its used from farm activity..

do an injector leak test on it and make sure it passes...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-26-2020, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
Hi Rawze so after washing the engine and cleaning everything by hand, I noticed that the injector tube on injector 4 was leaking just a little tiny bit because I saw diesel around the area when the truck went to pick up a load and came back so I changed injector tube which I got from a local cummins dealer and the truck went on two 4000 mile round trips and the engine light went out by itself and no more Jake problem. I’m keeping an eye on it every trip to monitor if the Jake problem reoccurs. I hooked up insite I had to inactive codes for filter needs to be serviced which came up 4 times was done prior and again after I cleared codes and I had inactive code for fuel pressure low but valid that came up about 20 times everything's cleared and been cleared since so last two weeks and will update if anything changes
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.