Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting
02-24-2016, (Subject: Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting ) 
Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting
What is your favorite way to extend the life of a new camshaft, or other engine parts?
replyreply
02-24-2016, (Subject: Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting ) 
RE: Engine Parts, Microfinishing, Coatings, Bead Blasting
Raise the oil pressure LOL.
replyreply
02-25-2016, (Subject: Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting ) 
RE: Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting
Is it true adding a lil gear oil to your oil helps? Is there a video on how to shim oil pump?
replyreply
(02-25-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Is it true adding a lil gear oil to your oil helps? Is there a video on how to shim oil pump?

If your engine is not worn out, or is still new, it is not likely that great for it, because the components and clearances are designed for the recommended oil by the manufacturer, but as your engine ages, and wears, clearances between components get larger. This is where you can take advantage of adding a bit of "thicker" oil to your engine to make up the clearances, and slow down wear.

Adding up to 10% gear oil (1 gallon in ISX) to your engine raises its viscosity and hydraulic pressure rating. It is known to lower turbocharger temperatures a bit, and raising viscosity will help to make up for the gap in wearing components. The raise in hydraulic pressure rating also assists in keeping components from wearing under extreme pressure.

Products like Lucas and others, are sold for these reasons, but the problem with them is that they do not contain needed additives for your engine. Gear oil at least has some good addatives like moly, zinc, etc. so that is why several people, including myself think it is a good alternative.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Coco620, keep in mind that the recommendation call for Mineral Gear oil and not Synthetic unless you are running a Synthetic blend motor oil in your engine.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
03-04-2016, (Subject: Engine Parts, Microfinish, Coatings, Bead Blasting ) 
(02-25-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  Coco620, keep in mind that the recommendation call for Mineral Gear oil and not Synthetic unless you are running a Synthetic blend motor oil in your engine.

Thank you! I do run synthetic have 497,000 miles on it I've been wondering if I'm better off running regular rotella 15w40 & changing it more often.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.