Favorite Place to shop parts
12-28-2019, (Subject: Favorite Place to shop parts ) 
RE: Favorite Place to shop parts
they probably spend millions figuring out how to engineer a part to last exactly the warranty period. They should use that money to make quality parts that just plain last.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-28-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  they probably spend millions figuring out how to engineer a part to last exactly the warranty period. They should use that money to make quality parts that just plain last.
What ever they spend they make x100 in rip off please bend over service not included replacement parts

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
I need shocks, front spring pins and bushings and I want to replace front cab mounts.

Where do I need to be looking?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Shocks, find the part number, and shop the internet. Check Fleetpride too. The pins and bushings, I normally buy at the dealer, pricing is pretty reasonable for those items, at least for my ProStar. Cab mounts, dealer item. I'm pretty sure you will have to replace the square U bolts holding those front springs on, those I would have made, unless the dealer is reasonable in pricing. My International dealer wanted something like $100 ea when I did the pin bushings in the rear suspension. Definitely shop the U bolts. I had mine fabricated for around $15 ea. at a welding fab shop.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
12-29-2019, (Subject: Favorite Place to shop parts ) 
(12-28-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Shocks, find the part number, and shop the internet. Check Fleetpride too. The pins and bushings, I normally buy at the dealer, pricing is pretty reasonable for those items, at least for my ProStar. Cab mounts, dealer item. I'm pretty sure you will have to replace the square U bolts holding those front springs on, those I would have made, unless the dealer is reasonable in pricing. My International dealer wanted something like $100 ea when I did the pin bushings in the rear suspension. Definitely shop the U bolts. I had mine fabricated for around $15 ea. at a welding fab shop.

I did the front end on my 08 Prostar and replaced the front springs. Factory they are only like 5200 lb. per side. I talked with ATS Springs in Pa and they did a set of 6250 lb. per side. Springs w/poly bushings and poly bushings for the hangers. U bolts, and one inch blocks to replace those big factory ones. With shipping it was 853, and it rides amazing. I used the one inch blocks to lower the front for a better ride plus it looks better lowered. Shocks I got at O'riley because it was a good price and warranty. But I have had U bolts only made at a local place pretty cheap. Just had to have a old one for them to go by. But ATS was great, we talked about what I wanted and they made it happen. Cab mounts came from the stealership but I did shop around their prices are never the same.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2
(12-29-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  
(12-28-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Shocks, find the part number, and shop the internet. Check Fleetpride too. The pins and bushings, I normally buy at the dealer, pricing is pretty reasonable for those items, at least for my ProStar. Cab mounts, dealer item. I'm pretty sure you will have to replace the square U bolts holding those front springs on, those I would have made, unless the dealer is reasonable in pricing. My International dealer wanted something like $100 ea when I did the pin bushings in the rear suspension. Definitely shop the U bolts. I had mine fabricated for around $15 ea. at a welding fab shop.

I did the front end on my 08 Prostar and replaced the front springs. Factory they are only like 5200 lb. per side. I talked with ATS Springs in Pa and they did a set of 6250 lb. per side. Springs w/poly bushings and poly bushings for the hangers. U bolts, and one inch blocks to replace those big factory ones. With shipping it was 853, and it rides amazing. I used the one inch blocks to lower the front for a better ride plus it looks better lowered. Shocks I got at O'riley because it was a good price and warranty. But I have had U bolts only made at a local place pretty cheap. Just had to have a old one for them to go by. But ATS was great, we talked about what I wanted and they made it happen.

My front end is next on my list, I will look these guys up, as I want to upgrade the axle weight in my front end, bump her up to 14,000 lbs...
replyreply
(12-29-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  

I did the front end on my 08 Prostar and replaced the front springs. Factory they are only like 5200 lb. per side. I talked with ATS Springs in Pa and they did a set of 6250 lb. per side. Springs w/poly bushings and poly bushings for the hangers. U bolts, and one inch blocks to replace those big factory ones. With shipping it was 853, and it rides amazing. I used the one inch blocks to lower the front for a better ride plus it looks better lowered. Shocks I got at O'riley because it was a good price and warranty. But I have had U bolts only made at a local place pretty cheap. Just had to have a old one for them to go by. But ATS was great, we talked about what I wanted and they made it happen.

My front end is next on my list, I will look these guys up, as I want to upgrade the axle weight in my front end, bump her up to 14,000 lbs...

I wish I would have taken pictures of the differences between the springs. A way higher quality product than the factory ones. Plus it's loooow like I wanted LOL.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201912/post_3207_1577599811_c4ce3b493ab19cf9b29b4e9fff1f050b.jpg
replyreply

I wish I would have taken pictures of the differences between the springs. A way higher quality product than the factory ones. Plus it's loooow like I wanted LOL.
Sorry to change subject,
I see Your APU can you share details!
replyreply
(12-29-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  

Sorry to change subject,
I see Your APU can you share details!
That's a Hatz 3000 diesel generator, I used it to run my roof mount AC. I had it on there a long time and it always worked like a champ. Never had to do anything but change the oil. But I messed it up, the roof mount was running when I turned it off. I think the compressor was kicked in pulling a lot of power. And it messed the head up, it starts right up but won't make power. I need to take it off and either fix it or put a Honda 2800 I have there. I'm fine either way, I have a soft start in the roof mount so the Honda will run it. The Hatz is a bit loud but I almost always park the job site so it doesn't matter. I just have never been a fan of the tri pack set ups. They cost to much and to many issues.
First picture was when I bought it the other are after I mounted it.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.