New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
12-26-2019, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
(12-26-2019 )bookerjt Wrote:  
(12-26-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  #4 & 6 weren't firing. What was there reasoning for the cylinder being bad and not simply an injector issue? Something is missing here. Like Rawze said, if it's not chugging smoke like a freight train out the oil fill tube, then your not in undrivable shape.

So you have a bad cam. It's been that way for a long time. The truck still runs. You can probably still drive it bobtail home. It shuts down because of high crankcase pressure, correct? Sounds like you just need to button this bad boy up and get that crank case sensor to stop screaming. Im sure someone here can help with shutting that thing up to get the truck limped home. There are directions on this forum on how to drill out the filter housing and let that thing breath. If your cylinders and pistons are intact then you should be able to take it easy and get it home to work on it in more favorable conditions.
Yes the truck still runs I drove it into the shop
on the borescope you could see diesel fuel still in those cylinder
replyreply
(12-26-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  You aren't gonna just slap a cam in it and call it good are you?
No I am not I want it done correctly so that I can get longevity out of the engine if that mean completely disassembling and overhauling the engine then that's what will happen I am scared to try and Limp the truck 1500 miles home without doing any more damage
Tomorrow afternoon I will be driving thru Foristell. If you have laptop I can stop to help you with software. I have extra adapter with me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(12-26-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-26-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  You aren't gonna just slap a cam in it and call it good are you?
No I am not I want it done correctly so that I can get longevity out of the engine if that mean completely disassembling and overhauling the engine then that's what will happen I am scared to try and Limp the truck 1500 miles home without doing any more damage
Tomorrow afternoon I will be driving thru Foristell. If you have laptop I can stop to help you with software. I have extra adapter with me.
I am currently at home in Washington I left the truck there got a rental truck to finish my load and come home for the holiday
replyreply
(12-26-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  
I am currently at home in Washington I left the truck there got a rental truck to finish my load and come home for the holiday

OK
replyreply
(12-26-2019 )bookerjt Wrote:  Yes the truck still runs I drove it into the shop
[/quote]

This could be from when those idiots pulled the injectors. Fuel on top of a piston absolutely does NOT mean overhaul. It absolutely can be sloppy work when pulling the injector out. They didn't or you didn't see a cracked or broken piston or anything else wrong with the cylinders? Get that crank case or whatever code that was derating the engine to shut up and get the truck home. Where you can comfortably work on it.
replyreply
(12-26-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(12-26-2019 )bookerjt Wrote:  Yes the truck still runs I drove it into the shop

This could be from when those idiots pulled the injectors. Fuel on top of a piston absolutely does NOT mean overhaul. It absolutely can be sloppy work when pulling the injector out. They didn't or you didn't see a cracked or broken piston or anything else wrong with the cylinders? Get that crank case or whatever code that was derating the engine to shut up and get the truck home. Where you can comfortably work on it.
[/quote]
No did not see any cracked liners or Pistons
replyreply
12-27-2019, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
Is she puking coolant? If not, take it home. Pull that crankcase filter and run it home. Worst case that sensor is bad, but I bet that filter is the factory original unless you changed it out. That cam is shot, we all know that, but the truck runs, you ain’t going to break nothing that is not already broken by running it.

Mine was shooting coolant out the bottle, blown head, I zip tied a rag on the bottle opening and drove it 700 miles to Rawze’s house, where he helped me in frame my 871, in his driveway. Kicker, I just spent $38,000 on an in frame at one of those licensed and certified Cummins shops. They did a crap job, and installed all wrong internal parts! 450hp CM-2350 parts fit in a 600hp CM-871, who knew?

Brother, welcome to the club.
replyreply
Stealers#it trying to get you for all your worth and now has you in a complete panic like a fool. <- that is what they are good at. TAKING YOUR MONEY AND MAKING EVERYTHING MUCH WORSE THAN IT IS, THEN DOING NOTHING BUT A TOTALLY SH$IT JOB, EMPTY YOUR WALLET!

No excessive blo-by... still drives ... NOT smoking like a freight train? - I would have limped the bastard home like it was, dealt with the aftermath of whatever was going bad -- MUCH easier solution than leaving it behind. -- this guy just can't catch a break.

It makes no sense whatsoever replacing that cam in a parking lot somewhere .. that thing has been chewed up and running like that FOR A LONG TIME!!!- IT DON;T GET THAT BAD OVER NIGHT,.. NOT AT ALL,.. NOT EVEN IN ONLY A FEW MONTHS-- IT TAKES A YEAR OR MORE!!! -- SHE AINT GOING TO GET WORSE IN A COUPLE THOUSAND MORE MILES -- Based on what has been said so far .. IF IT CAN STILL DRIVE, JUST DUMP IN A GALLON OR 2 OF GEAR OIL to slow down the chewing up factor (up to 20% of the sump capacity) AND LIMP THE F&*KER HOME!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(12-26-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Where is the truck at? Town? You may get lucky and have a kind soul from the forum here be local to the truck and give you hand.
Foristell mo

You are 600 miles from Griffin GA, I would head that way... Mr Hagg and Rawze are there. Trust me, you can do all of the work, they will help when a second set of hands is needed. The proper tools are there too, to both diagnose and do things like cut the ledges in the block if it gets that far. Also the programming to properly tune the motor for the best possible fuel economy. I would ask Rawze if he could accommodate you, if yes, button that thing up and start heading to Atlanta. Griffin is on the south side by the Atlanta Speedway. And the pricing on the parts will be much less than what you will pay anywhere else. Just pick up a case of Modelo (light or dark) or Stella, the beer store is right around the corner on the way in.

I had that (dealership) invitation once, and it cost me $38,000... The next invitation, I was on my way without hesitation. Don't be a victim, or stupid, like I was. If he invites you, do not pass this opportunity up if it is offered. I know you are a diesel mechanic, but so was the guy that installed all of the wrong parts in my motor and dry started it. Contact Rawze and pray he can accommodate you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.