New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
12-27-2019, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
RE: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft??
I see this to many times where they jump to conclusion and install parts with out find they why first. WHY did turbo lock up? Maybe something came loose and went through turbo. Example a lady drive named Tami had had issues pulled in dealer. They said turbo was bad. Now she knew truck was skipping and I guess they assumed a turbo would fix that being the code was for turbo. After a 7500 turbo set up now they said she has a skip. this was after she already spent money for turbo. Now they pulled head and found out that the valve seat had came loose and went through turbo...Now if they would have check engine before installing a turbo they would have known and better prepaired her.

I know it sucks. If by chance you get it to GA Id be glad to give you a helping hand with it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia , quickrigs , Mrkentee , Waterloo , JMBT , Rawze , Tootall
05-08-2020, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
To update we finally got the truck home when I removed the head I found that #4 intake valve had broke we then removed the pistons and found that there was one broken ring and three collapsed rings. The camshaft bearing were worn all the way to the copper. The mains and connecting rods were scored . The valve cam I shot . #4 injector has a broken tip #4 piston is bent at the ring groves we are doing a total rebuild
Can any one recommend a good place for parts

Thanks for all the everyone gave
I will update when the truck is back on the road

God bless and be safe
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mr Hagg
05-08-2020, (Subject: New Turbo & Actuator, 3 miles down , new camshaft?? ) 
Cummins all the way. Especially the head. have the block counter bored and shimmed up to 14 thousandths. Don't skimp on the hard parts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Signature620 , Mr Hagg , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.