Fuel line connector
12-30-2019, (Subject: Fuel line connector ) 
Fuel line connector
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I remove the low pressure fuel line connectors? It’s plastic, has two little tabs to depress, seems easy enough, cant get it to pop off. Thanks!
replyreply
RE: Fuel line connector
(12-30-2019 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I remove the low pressure fuel line connectors? It’s plastic, has two little tabs to depress, seems easy enough, cant get it to pop off. Thanks!
Push on flat spot tabs will widens ta same time pull tube out of fitting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
I see the tabs, but pushing on them and trying to pry with a flathead screwdriver gives no result. I can’t afford to break these lines, have to be back on the road 5am Tuesday.
replyreply

(12-30-2019 )hookliftpete Wrote:  I see the tabs, but pushing on them and trying to pry with a flathead screwdriver gives no result. I can’t afford to break these lines, have to be back on the road 5am Tuesday.
replyreply
that might require tools like these https://amzn.to/2F9nvlp
or possibly it looks like theres a slide in point by the tab to slide something inside under the tab.

possibly 2 small flatheads stuck into those slide in points and it will come out.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
We use fdt601 and 602 its a snap on tool
https://shop.snapon.com/product/Fuel-Lin...ool/FDT601
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Volvo8873 , hhow55
Going to try again after supper, put some penetrating oil on it, might end up cutting them off...Cummins NE warehouse is not too far away, they have them.
replyreply
12-31-2019, (Subject: Fuel line connector ) 
Cummins tool part number 4918878 for fuel line disconnect. Or Google Cummins fuel line disconnect tool there are several different designs available. Cummins seems to stock a lot of these small tools in their parts centers. So they are usually very easy to get wherever you get your Cummins parts. Or the Internet
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-01-2020, (Subject: Fuel line connector ) 
Get the right tools for the job, you start hacking into things and the bill winds up being more than the tool would have cost you, along with your time.

That tool is around $20 on the internet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Mav

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.