Fuel in oil
01-06-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
Fuel in oil
I tried searching the forum before asking. 08 ISX15 I have fuel in my oil, and we put dye in the filter and it looked like the pump was the problem. There was a little play in the shaft, so I put a reman pump on. Changed the oil and filter in SC. Within 1100 miles the oil pressure started getting a little lower than I liked so I changed the oil and filter again So I could make it back home to New Caney, Tx. I watched your youtube videos and replaced o rings on all 6 injectors. I did not find any that had broken o rings but replaced them all anyway. I did find that on injector one the little groove the bolt goes thru for the hold down was turned, The bolt was beside it not in it. All injectors and cups were clean and everything looked good. I am not a mechanic but I know enough to get myself in trouble. I just bought the truck at auction, but have the history since 2010. It has had injectors in may 2018. It also has had cams and head work at some point. I have had it about a month. I will know soon if this fixed it, and will report back. I do not have a computer to do test, and of course money is tight at the moment. What test should I have done to help find the problem if this did not fix it? I did see Rawze say on another post looks like a bad delete job. That scares me because It is deleted, and I have no idea what was done. I can send someone pics if needed. No smoke, STRONG power. smooth idle. Just fuel in oil. It does appear they had spent some money before it went to auction. It was in a fleet, has about 800k on truck. Had new batteries, oil and all filters including air, cabin, and crank case filter. Thanks in advance, Jason.
replyreply
RE: Fuel in oil
You need to get an inline adapter and cummins insite program right NOW!! I know you said money is tight right now but it would be even tighter if your engine blew a rod through the side of the block, or if you cracked a piston right? These are things you need anyway if your going to own a truck.

Here's an adapter

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...1990863045

You can look around and find insite 7.6.2 all over the web. Next you'll need to contact Unilevers or mommaburt here on this forum and have them take a look at what file you have in that engine. There is a 99% chance you have a bad delete. Don't take this lightly! Get it looked at asap. There are other things you mentioned about this truck that don't sound good either but for now focus on getting that program checked out.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Joker0916
The link tree98 posted has Insite 7.6.2 included.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Joker0916
bad delete + lots of power that uses the wrong combustion stategy = typical cracked head eventually, putting fuel into the oil.

just s thought. Seen it plenty of times before.

could also be the gear pump too. Hopefully that is all it is.

how much boost does it make at max power output?

pyro temps?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Joker0916 , Brock
(01-06-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  bad delete + lots of power that uses the wrong combustion stategy = typical cracked head eventually, putting fuel into the oil.

just s thought. Seen it plenty of times before.

could also be the gear pump too. Hopefully that is all it is.

how much boost does it make at max power output?

pyro temps?
It boosts 38 or so. It does not have a pyro gauge... Yet. I don't push it hard, it is a old truck. I replaced the gear driven injection pump before leaving SC.
replyreply
01-11-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
Still looks to be making oil. I replaced all the injector o rings. Anyone know torque spec on the four long bolts holding injection pump on? Also on the fuel filter housing anywhere fuel and oil could mix? Thnx
replyreply
I would put dye in the fuel filter, take the valve cover off and look around with a UV light while its running. Could have a crack in the head.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Joker0916
(01-11-2020 )Joker0916 Wrote:  Still looks to be making oil. I replaced all the injector o rings. Anyone know torque spec on the four long bolts holding injection pump on? Also on the fuel filter housing anywhere fuel and oil could mix? Thnx

58 inch lbs, in sequence top right, bottom left, bottom right, top left.

Then 115 inch lbs, same sequence.

When you put dye in, did it show up coming from the gear area on the cam?

The IFSM carries oil from a port on the head to feed the fuel pump gear. There are fuel passages around it, and I suppose it's possible the IFSM could be cracked, but I don't know how, unless it was a defect in the IFSM or someone tightened the top bolt down with an impact.

How did the surface look when you changed the pump? I assume you used a new gasket - one should have come with the pump.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Joker0916
It appeared to be around the gear area. Need to retorque and repeat dye test. Yes reman pump and new gasket. Surface looked fine. Thnx
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.