Electrical wiring
01-11-2020, (Subject: Electrical wiring ) 
RE: Electrical wiring
High temp split loom holds up better than the harbor freight stuff:

https://www.delcity.net/store/High!Temp-...m/p_811350

There are also wrapping tapes specifically made for harness bundling but I haven't used them. The Chinese finger trap stuff works ok but takes some planning and effort to get on, pretty much have to rebuilt the harness. If you can route the wires away or shield them from hot parts it will help quite a bit

Even though I could have bought them I made my engine harness and headlight harnesses from scratch. Way cheaper but takes time and a little bit of skill. Need to invest in a few tools to crimp and assemble/disassemble too. All the connectors are off the shelf stuff and components can be ordered from several places. In many cases the connector housing can be reused. I have an old truck so all the wires are numbered with tags, not color coded. Three spools of white, black, and red wire were all I needed. If you wanted to keep the wires color coded it would get a lot more expensive

I'm not sure how the newer trucks are but the '89 379 had several extra circuits for features my engine doesn't have, the wiring for jakes was an add on harness, and on my truck the crane wiring was hacked into the engine harness for a start/stop switch. The new harness I made only has what it needs and the jake and crane wiring is integrated. Sure cleaned things up and makes it easier to work on
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
Electrical wiring - JimT - 01-10-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - RyanC - 01-10-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - JMBT - 01-11-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - Rawze - 01-11-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - Rawze - 01-11-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - RocketScott - 01-11-2020
RE: Electrical wiring - JimT - 01-11-2020,
RE: Electrical wiring - JimT - 01-11-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.