Isx 870 with 1.2 million miles 05 international
01-12-2020, (Subject: Isx 870 with 1.2 million miles 05 international ) 
RE: Isx 870 with 1.2 million miles 05 international
Check the oil lines to the turbo? Or the oil return from the turbo to the pan?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Izzyrod52
If its coming out fast it's either oil cooler or front structure then.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Izzyrod52
One thing I did when my front top cover was leaking, was to go get a dozen bottles of the UV Dye for oil and a cheap UV flashlight and glasses. I found my leak, and it surprised me, it was not where I expected. May be worth a shot, pour all of the dye in and run up to the truck stop or store and back, say 30-40 miles, get her in a dark garage or wait until it is dark out and search for the leak with the blacklight and glasses. The dye don't lie.

My local NAPA, AutoZone and O'Riely's stocked the dye. I cleaned them all out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
Just spent last week pulling the front cover off a 871 after chasing leaks. Found leakers in the corner by the water pump, 2 on the left 1 behind compressor high and 1 low. While cleaning the cover I ran a large flat file over the face and was amazed at how much distortion from fretting there was, spent a fair bit of time hopefully got it flat enough to seal good now.
replyreply
01-13-2020, (Subject: Isx 870 with 1.2 million miles 05 international ) 
When I resealed that front cover of mine, I installed a new gasket, that long piece of spaghetti, and lightly applied red rtv, no more leaks!

That old gasket, I expected to be pinched somewhere, it wasn’t, so like you, I figured the front cover was a bit distorted. The rtv did the trick. And that is one thing I noticed on Quickserve, I recall the assembly instructions stating to NOT use any kind of rtv or liquid gasket. Don’t know.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
01-13-2020, (Subject: Isx 870 with 1.2 million miles 05 international ) 
I'll have to get it apart asap. The rods and mains need to be done and I wont wait too long for pistons sleeves and overhead. The time has definitely come for a full overhaul.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.