On the side of the road...
01-14-2020, (Subject: On the side of the road... ) 
RE: On the side of the road...
The fuel pump head is held on by 4 10mm 12point bolts oncw you remove the lines and connections. You'll know as soon as you remove it if there's a major problem. Check for broken plungers and check that the pump cam turns when the motor turns.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Nice videos Snail! Thanks! I’m guessing that the pump on my little isc is similar to the isx? Torque values on the barrels the same?
replyreply
You shouldn't need to remove the barrels. If there is a shattered plunger, replace the head (as long as the cam and rollers are OK).
replyreply

Pump body and pump head. Ceramic plungers. Prob should replace them? Did no do the bounce test yet.
replyreply
Should pull the pump body off yet I assume?
replyreply
(01-14-2020 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Pump body and pump head. Ceramic plungers. Prob should replace them? Did no do the bounce test yet.

those ceramic plungers have "I am about to destroy your entire engine" written all over them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That’s what I figured. Just pulled them out, no visible chipping, etc. both bounce well.
replyreply

replyreply
(01-14-2020 )hookliftpete Wrote:  That’s what I figured. Just pulled them out, no visible chipping, etc. both bounce well.

bounce them several times.. if they get lower and lower each time they come back up, then something is bad. <- this is not mentioned in the videos snailexpress provided.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.