Ddec6 turbo speed code
01-13-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
RE: Ddec6 turbo speed code
(01-13-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Who is MB? Mommaburt?

Yes lol

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-14-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
put a new air filter on the truck while your at it... seen a lot of guys get turbo alarms and other things, wswear the air cleaner filter was "fairly new", looked fine, but it was actually clogged up like mad. - just one more things to eliminate off the equation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
03-01-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
Here’s a bit of an update...it’s a little slow going as the truck is quite a ways away. Test driving the truck after a bit the actuator froze on a partially closed position somewhere past 30% I’m guessing. So I pulled over opened the hood and could hear the turbo in a spooled up position and exhaust exiting the two big clamps on the turbo. Shut the engine off then keyed on and it was reset to normal. This seems to happen easier on the jake btw. The jake takes a while to spoil up too very slow.

Unilevers thought maybe the turbo was hanging up as it moved and was drawing too much voltage and froze at that point.

So after every little thing we do there is no improvement.
We have a new turbo and actuator, air filters,sensors,turbo outlet temp sensor wire was rubbing through and was black so we changed it, no change.
Turns out the dpf had several 2” holes drilled in it I set him to original shop to get it hollowed out so they drilled a 5” hole! They told him it would be too loud, but these guys gave him warranty on that turbo and threw on old actuator.!! Go get new actuator and have them check actuator wiring harness but they just said it’s the tune.
Mommaburt checked it out and gave that the thumbs up.

So now I’m suspecting mcm even though it’s eight months old(I’m thinking it’s a rebuilt which it could still be faulty) .
Somebody suggested it be set back to factory programming then retuned to mommaburts program.
Btw the dpf was like this for several years apparently.
The exhaust cooler was removed and plugged off , egr pipe removed and a plate installed at intake/valve. Note the exh manifold had cracked once maybe twice( hard to understand the owner sometimes) in the past after demandate. Maybe other long term damage?
Anyway we will clean out dpf completely this week
K thanks again TL2

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
03-02-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
That sounds like some pretty piss-poor workmanship and half-arssed mods to me.

What a shame ... This 'half-arssed' quality is getting more and more common. It is not funny.

Something is driving this trend of stupidity in trucking and its support services ... It must be the bulls$it certifications and ignorant mechanics that are severely under-trained + hard incentives to do as fast and sloppy of a s$it job as possible so they can turn a high profit and shove you out the door.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-04-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
We found that the actuator was getting a short somewhere between ecm and actuator. Right now there is a new harness installed between the two and it is running normal after a 20 minute test drive. A burnt smell from the actuator was present and it looked like this...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
03-04-2020, (Subject: Ddec6 turbo speed code ) 
(03-04-2020 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  We found that the actuator was getting a short somewhere between ecm and actuator. Right now there is a new harness installed between the two and it is running normal after a 20 minute test drive. A burnt smell from the actuator was present and it looked like this...

looks like it got hot (likely from bad-deletes-r-us.com) and the grease inside it ran out / got cooked. - keep running it like that (and without opening it up and re-greasing it internally), and you will be replacing it soon.

that thing got a pyro and boost gauge on it? What are they getting up to in a hard pull?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.