Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia
01-14-2020, (Subject: Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia ) 
Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia
Hey guys i got a Cascadia that has been de-mandated and im tired of seeing the red light blink on the fuel/def gauge . Im wondering if anyone knows what to disconnect to remove the power to it. or better yet a replacement gauge with only fuel that will work on this truck
Its a sleeper 2013 Freightliner Cascadia with a Isx.
Thanks in advance.
replyreply
01-14-2020, (Subject: Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia ) 
RE: Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia
Who did the tune? If not someone from here, you more than likely have bigger issues.
replyreply
01-29-2020, (Subject: Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia ) 
same thing here, blinking def light, 14 cascadia with a Cummins isx15 cm2350
replyreply
01-30-2020, (Subject: Fuel/ Def Gauge on Cascadia ) 
If the enigne was de-mandated properly,... and it no longer has programming for the 'DPF', 'DOC', 'SCR', 'EGR', and 'DEF' system is any more,.. Then the engine will not send signals to make the dash of truck for the DEF level, etc. . .... the de-mandate is not likely the issue in this case .. It is a problem with the dash of the truck and its gauges, not the engine.

The dash in the truck needs to be set to match the engine's new programming. that or the gauge taken apart and set so that it does not do that any more.

there are a few guys running around saying they can tweak a de-0mandated engine to make it send those signals ... but if you look at what needs to be done, just ot keep the dash happy ... some of these systems have to be turned back on, and it is not pretty. the ecm does not like having the systems still partially on just to make the dash of the truck happy. it is better to fix it on the truck, and not try to screw with the engine to coax it into sending these signals when those systems are all turned off. - those are my thoughts on it, i have seen guys do this, and not have good luck with it in the end.

- I.E.> the proper fix is to change the truck-side gauges/programming to match the engine, or take the gauge itself apart and make the lights go away (clip the lead to the light). Those systems do not have to be left partially on, and do not give headaches later on with ghost codes for the emissions systems that were partially left on when the wiring and other things go bad from lack of use.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.