Firewall push air fittings
01-21-2020, (Subject: Firewall push air fittings ) 
RE: Firewall push air fittings
These are the devil! Mack in Australia started putting similar plastic/push fit manifolds on firewalls a fair while ago while Kenworth have a steel manifold with push fittings (literally converted one to compression fittings just yesterday). With the Mack ones, if theyre all pretty old I just bite the bullet and buy a new one and then wrap the hose/fitting with Denso tape. Stops the dirt working its way in and hopefully keeps the heat away from those pesky fkn o rings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
Volvo uses the same type of crap at the firewall. $349 last time I priced one, and a day of my time to tear the dash apart on the inside. However so far I have been able to replace the orings.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(01-21-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  Volvo uses the same type of crap at the firewall. $349 last time I priced one, and a day of my time to tear the dash apart on the inside. However so far I have been able to replace the orings.

That's one thing I really like about my Pete, if I need to get behind the dash in a specific location I just remove that specific panel. Back when I drove volvo's it seemed like you had to remove nearly the entire front of the cab to get to anything. My dodge pickup is the same way. Oh, you want to get to the radio wiring, sure, just remove these 15 plastic panels first, including the center console, in precise order!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
10-17-2021, (Subject: Firewall push air fittings ) 
Thought I'd put it out there for people looking through air leak posts, but they make repair kits for push connect fittings for a couple bucks. Eaton Part 1800KX6 is for 3/8" OD line fittings (and other sizes are similar in part number: 1800KX8 for 1/2" OD line..ect ). Not sure if it works on the plastic fittings shown on the firewall, but it'll work for brass fittings for sure as it includes an o-ring and brass collet. Seems like a cheap part to carry extras of on the road :)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.