Firewall push air fittings
01-20-2020, (Subject: Firewall push air fittings ) 
RE: Firewall push air fittings
Just replaced that in my 2012 pete 587. Some of them have a common air supply, so it's not just straight through. Also, when I pulled a line out of mine the brass sleeve got stuck in the end. Never could get it to reseal correctly after that. You could probably make your own with a bunch of fittings and T's, but it'd probably cost about the same once you were done.

Just a word of caution, put labels on each line as you take it out. Most are color coded, but there are a few that look identical. When I did mine i swapped 2 black ones. Didn't even notice until I went to hit the air horn during an annual inspection and instead of the horn all I got was air pissing out the quick release. Real easy to get em mixed up. Also found that I needed to snip the ends of each hose because the previous manifold had dug some nice grooves into the outside.

damn thing wasn't cheap either. $200+ from the pete dealer.

On the bright side, one of the unused spots in the manifold turned out to be a great place to pipe my boost gauge through the firewall. I just snaked the 1/8" hose through one of the unused ports.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , ClarkWGriswald

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firewall push air fittings - JimT - 01-20-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.