21 degrees start then shut down
01-23-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
RE: 21 degrees start then shut down
So how does one get said file and get someone to look at it for you? I'm sure you use the inline 6 but will I be able to figure out "get file"?
replyreply
(01-23-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  So how does one get said file and get someone to look at it for you? I'm sure you use the inline 6 but will I be able to figure out "get file"?

You'll need Insite set up first. Once you get that up and running contact one of the people mentioned and they can help.

In the meantime search around the forum a bit and you'll find a lot of existing information. The google search box on the main page works good, but it doesn't search through the members only section. For that you can go to the bottom of the each forum section and there will be a forum search box down there. It's on the bottom right, just under the "New Topic" button. Some keywords to try are "ECM", "ECM image", "ECM file", "ECM program" "insite".

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(01-23-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  The past 2 mornings 21 yesterday and 40 this morning my oil pressure at start up was 90 psi. Stay that high about 2 or 3 minutes then started coming down. Any thoughts?

replace the oil pressure sensor on the engine.

If that reading of 90 psi is correct, you have some kind of serious issues there and it needs to be looked at. ISX should not see much above about 40-45 or so, or things start to fail like the front or rear housing gaskets.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-26-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
I replaced the pressure sensor and it took care of it. It had about a bottle cap of oil in the plug. Thanks for your help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
01-26-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
Don't be surprised if that sensor only lasts another couple years. I just replaced my OEM sensor again after 2 years. It had oil in it again.
replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
Start the truck this morning and 90 psi on this sensor. It stays that high for 3 minutes or so and comes back down.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
Just for reference, my cm2250 usually reads about 42-48 psi (725 rpm idle) on a cold start, then it slowly drops down to about 19-20 @ 725 rpm idle or 34-38 around 1500 rpm. However it can take up to 10-15 minutes before it gets there. If I increase the rpms or start driving sooner then it will reach it's typical operating range quicker. I'm running Delo 15w40, no gear lube. I haven't changed the oil pressure sensor yet but I will probably do it soon as I just noticed some oil build up around the area of the sensor.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-30-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
(01-27-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  Start the truck this morning and 90 psi on this sensor. It stays that high for 3 minutes or so and comes back down.

you need to get that fixed asap.

if u cant figure it out, maybe make appointment w mr. hags?

most likely, if it is actual pressure and not mis-reading,.. is is going to the regulator in the oil pump that is bad,.. or you have a restricted passageway that feeds it behind your front gear cover.

Has the head, cams, valve train, oil pump, gear cover, or anything else been worked on recently?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.