ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
01-24-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
2010 International ProStar Premium
Cummins ISX CM871

I'm pretty sure my DPF is super clogged-up.
My truck won't allow me to do a regen(the regen button just blinks), I had a forced regen done at a TA. The regen failed, due to inability to get hot enough, as they put it They say it spit out an emissions code"diesel oxidation catalyst", but they have no idea what it means. I took the truck to an International dealer, and they told me it MIGHT be the turbo. They wanted to fix that and the doser injector first, to see if it was the issue.

Some guys told me to pull the truck from the shop and examine it myself, so I did. I will take some high-def picture and or video as soon as I can, if anyone would be willing to examine them and give me some advice on what repairs are actually needed, if any. And how to do any possible repairs myself. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

I have attached the repair quote from the International Dealer ->
.pdf  Quote copy.pdf (Size: 6.63 MB / Downloads: 222)

Here's a Google Link to the repair quote-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IaQUih...ptCRSRq2uy
replyreply
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
Also, where should I buy an IMAP sensor and an Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor?
What are the part numbers?
replyreply
First thing you need to do is register your engine serial number at quickserve.com it's free and will tell you part numbers and service information for your exact engine. You buy those sensors at any Cummins dealer. Next thing you'll need if your going to work on your own truck is an inline adapter and Cummins insite like this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...1990863045

That quote says your turbo is pushing oil into the cac. Your gonna want to find out HOW MUCH oil is it puking. Your also gonna need to pull the dpf and doc to have a look and most likely get the dpf baked and flow tested. Once you get them off post pics of the face's here for opinions.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
That quote says your turbo is pushing oil into the cac.

Will need to have oil removed from cac,before dealing with a runaway engine.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(01-24-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  Also, where should I buy an IMAP sensor and an Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor?
What are the part numbers?

Just get one from the international dealer, or freightliner or kw dealer.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Where are you located?

replyreply
(01-24-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Where are you located?

I'm in PA. I registered on QuickServe, and put in my ESN. But when I search the parts catalog for something like "map sensor" nothing comes up.
replyreply
(01-24-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  
(01-24-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  Where are you located?

I'm in PA. I registered on QuickServe, and put in my ESN. But when I search the parts catalog for something like "map sensor" nothing comes up.

Click on parts, then scroll to exhaust recirculation.

replyreply
https://www.facebook.com/pricesdiesel/

Get ahold these people. They are close to you.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.