ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
01-25-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
(01-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  tbw: even if you plan on de-mandating it and gutting that system off it ...

YOU STILL NEED TO FIX THE DAMN ENGINE AND ITS CLOGGED UP SENSORS!!! -- THE ENGINE STILL USES/NEEDS MOST OF THESE SENSORS, like the imap, exhaust bp sensors, etc. FOR IT TO TO RUN PROPERLY!

Properly adjustng overhead valves,.. and all the rest of the neglect too.

Here is a Google Link to my engine photos and video-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1312NN6...TA-W3N8ttb

The only sensor I've managed to clean so far is the IMAP sensor. It came out easily and had a few crumbs of soot on it that i brushed away. I reinstalled it, and still ordered a new one and an exhaust pressure sensor as well.

I've tried taking out the manifold to check that, but the bolt are on too tight to remove it by hand. I also tried removing the dpf, but the nuts on the clamps wont budge. I may have to take bolt-cutters to them and buy new ones. Though I prefer not to so that nothing looks out of place.

Photos of DPF-> https://drive.google.com/open?id=153e7Hn...PCBgxuGwE_
replyreply
Get some PB Blaster or WD-40 and hit everything, and put some muscle into it, those nuts and bolts will break free. I know where your at, I was timid too at first, quit being a pussy, get to work! ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: D_Y_F_B_A_E
I just called D-Y, he has no place to work on his truck, cannot get it to his house! He is at the TA up the road with a homeowners set of tools... He is going to take it into the shop, see if they can bust the cans lose so he can go have them baked. ;-)

He is trying, got more ambition than me, LOL! I hate working on the truck in the truck stop!
replyreply
Thanks for the brilliant obvious solution Waterloo..
I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it myself :D

I asked the tech at the TA to loosen the DPF clamps for me, and gave him a few bucks. Unfortunately, I didn't think to tell him to also loosen the other clamps that secure the whole system to the truck. I'll have to wait until tomorrow for that because they're super busy now. I'm gettin' there, slowly but surely!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Waterloo
DY, think outside the box, those guys at the TA will save your bacon, sounds like you are on the right path.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: D_Y_F_B_A_E
that poor engine got a head at some point i cant see a stocker being that damn rusty same with the turbo no one painted anything to prevent that ugly rust from being so apparent. either that or the turbo and head have been super hot.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(01-25-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  that poor engine got a head at some point i cant see a stocker being that damn rusty same with the turbo no one painted anything to prevent that ugly rust from being so apparent. either that or the turbo and head have been super hot.

At one point, I had this crazy coolant leak that was wreaking havoc under the hood. I think all the rust lookin' parts are from the time when coolant was splashing and burning on those parts. I think.
replyreply
01-26-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
(01-25-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  that poor engine got a head at some point i cant see a stocker being that damn rusty same with the turbo no one painted anything to prevent that ugly rust from being so apparent. either that or the turbo and head have been super hot.

At one point, I had this crazy coolant leak that was wreaking havoc under the hood. I think all the rust lookin' parts are from the time when coolant was splashing and burning on those parts. I think.

If you are using red coolant, it turns white when it comes in contact with heat.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
01-26-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
Why is there no belt going over your AC compressor? I see major rust on the pulley. Is it short belted? If so, you probably have a lot worn out or shot parts on the front of the truck.   

Also that fuel filter in your Davco (FF5369W) is a 25 micron filter. If you want your fuel system to stay clean and get some serious longevity out of its parts (pumps, injectors and such) you'll want to look in to a 10 micron filter for it. I dont know for sure but looking at the but I believe this should be it (FS1039W). Get one and compare the size to be sure.

Here's a big one. Take the black rubber pipe and the aluminum red pipe off in this picture and take VERY good clear (with flash on) pictures of the inside of them and back in to the turbo. Also on the drivers side, take the blue rubber hose off and check for oil. Take good clear pictures inside that as well. So we can see how bad that turbo is leaking.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , D_Y_F_B_A_E

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.