ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
01-28-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
The guide tells me I have to remove the Delta-P sensor and then snip the center pin in it's electrical connector.

Is it actually necessary to remove the Delta-P sensor first?
Or can I just unplug the sensor and snip the middle pin that's inside the plug, and re-plug it back in?
replyreply
01-28-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
May I ask where you got this milk guide?? Can pm if you don't mind. I would like to read up on it.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
01-29-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
So.. I have flashed the ECM with @m*m^2.
I have hollowed the cans and reattached them.
I replaced the Crank Case Filter with the Maintenance Free Breather.
I have cleaned the IMAP Sensor and ordered a brand new one as a backup.
I have installed the pyrometer.

My new exhaust back pressure sensor finally arrived, I will install it Thursday hopefully.

I'm still working on finding proper brass fitting for attaching the boost gauge sensor. I spent an hour at Home Depot today and still didn't figure it out :(
replyreply
I just ordered some M14 1.5 to 1/8-27 npt fittings off amazon.

This one took about a week to arrive, but was cheaper:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWZ...UTF8&psc=1

This one was more expensive, had extra sizes that I don't currently need, but was delivered next day with prime shipping:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZ9...UTF8&psc=1

I also picked up these 90 degree fittings:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HST...UTF8&psc=1

The Glowshift one came with a brass washer. Haven't tried that one, I ended up using the Bosch one (no washer) along with the o-ring from the original M14 plug along with some thread sealant.

No issues so far.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: D_Y_F_B_A_E
(01-29-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  ...I'm still working on finding proper brass fitting for attaching the boost gauge sensor. I spent an hour at Home Depot today and still didn't figure it out :( ...

I ended up drilling and tapping the Cummins intake plug with a fitting that worked for me. Not sure if that would be an option for you, but it would eliminate having to hunt for a specific fitting.

- Did mine like that when I first purchased the truck about a year ago and it has worked well.
replyreply
(01-29-2020 )JimT Wrote:  I just ordered some M14 1.5 to 1/8-27 npt fittings off amazon.

This one took about a week to arrive, but was cheaper:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWZ...UTF8&psc=1

This one was more expensive, had extra sizes that I don't currently need, but was delivered next day with prime shipping:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZ9...UTF8&psc=1

I also picked up these 90 degree fittings:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HST...UTF8&psc=1

The Glowshift one came with a brass washer. Haven't tried that one, I ended up using the Bosch one (no washer) along with the o-ring from the original M14 plug along with some thread sealant.

No issues so far.

I just ordered one from Rawze Amazon collection. Should be here Friday.
I absolutely HATE sitting and waiting around. I need my truck to move so badly.
It's been so hard maintaining my sanity through all of this.
replyreply
01-30-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
(01-29-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  I just ordered one from Rawze Amazon collection. Should be here Friday.
I absolutely HATE sitting and waiting around. I need my truck to move so badly.
It's been so hard maintaining my sanity through all of this.

I feel you. Except for a couple day trips, I've been off the road since mid-december. EGR valve went, clogged up the dpf. Then I've been doing a bunch of odds and ends. Fix one thing, find two more things that need fixin. Also been catching up on paperwork. Hopefully be on the road before this week is over. I plan for a slow winter season (I run flatbed), but this has been more home time than I expected.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(01-29-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  So.. I have flashed the ECM with @m*m^2.
I have hollowed the cans and reattached them.
I replaced the Crank Case Filter with the Maintenance Free Breather.
I have cleaned the IMAP Sensor and ordered a brand new one as a backup.
I have installed the pyrometer.

My new exhaust back pressure sensor finally arrived, I will install it Thursday hopefully.

I'm still working on finding proper brass fitting for attaching the boost gauge sensor. I spent an hour at Home Depot today and still didn't figure it out :(

Congratulation's, and wishing the best.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: D_Y_F_B_A_E
stay home i need your freight lol! last month has been a bit brutal down from clearing 3.5-4k a week after fuel to 2.5-3k

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.