ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
01-26-2020, (Subject: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) ) 
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2)
(01-26-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  I got the DPF off today, took it home and I'll do some karate on it later tonight. I just want to make sure I do it according to procedure. The DOC doesn't come off, so I suppose I will have to do that part on the truckstop lot.

If it's like mine, the front of the DOC starts out as a 5" exhaust pipe before opening up to the larger can size. Just remove the first clamp you find and take the entire section out. That entire piece along with the DPF is normally taken to be cleaned and flow tested together.

Keep in mind that DOC efficiency and the DPF regen temperature is also dependant on the EGR, Doser Injector and Turbo all functioning properly, so your true problem probably lies elsewhere.

(01-26-2020 )D_Y_F_B_A_E Wrote:  I'm going to buy some better serious tools today.

You can never have enough tools, but you sure can do a lot with a basic set of wrenches, ratchets and sockets. Make sure you have sizes above 3/4" and 18mm. I use 19-24mm a lot as well as 1" sockets. Shallow and deep sockets along with various extensions and swivel adaptors help. A couple different torque wrenches and a breaker bar (or my preference, a pipe for an extension). Everything else you'll acquire slowly as you find a need for it.

Then you have the non-essential but extremely helpful items:
zip ties
gorilla tape
anti-seize
Fast Orange Hand Wipes (or whatever brand you prefer)
a box of nitrile or latex exam gloves - 7 or 9 mil is good and strong
shop towels
and last but not least, a piece of cardboard to put on the ground and lay on. easier to transport than a creeper and helps you slide underneath the truck on all kinds of surfaces.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: D_Y_F_B_A_E

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProStar CM871 Turbo (Before Milk2) - JimT - 01-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.