Charge air cooler
01-27-2020, (Subject: Charge air cooler ) 
RE: Charge air cooler
Mine only has 430k on it and it has a crack already. I sure didn't get my moneys worth. Especially for it to cost $1600.
replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: Charge air cooler ) 
(01-27-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  Mine only has 430k on it and it has a crack already. I sure didn't get my moneys worth. Especially for it to cost $1600.

if it was installed and stress was put on it, then it will not last. .. grind out the bolt holes if necessary, but do not install one where it gets put under any kind of stress, or twist, etc. it needs to be mounted in a relaxed state. If you have to pry and push on things to get it to bolt up,.. something is going to make it fail again. .... also ensure rad mounts and bushings are all in good shape... and lastly --- DON;T SLAM YOUR HOOD OPEN AND LET IT BOUNCE!@!!!!! WHEN CHECKING YOUR OIL, ETC... THAT IS THE NUMBER ONE KILLER OF CAC UNITS, AS ON MOST TRUCK, THE SHOCK OR STOP CABLES ARE TIED TO THE TOP OF THE RADIATOR AND CAC.

Just sharing some thoughts...not directed at anyone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys , Pd6cas2 , Toolguy
01-28-2020, (Subject: Charge air cooler ) 
(01-27-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  Mine only has 430k on it and it has a crack already. I sure didn't get my moneys worth. Especially for it to cost $1600.

Yes you did:waaaht:!
That is the typical life span of a CAC, beyond that is not normal. Most would never know as they don't test/find the issue until the hairline crack turns into a gaping crevice.

I do hard work, I go places that would make most cry...and I do it at ridiculous weights.
Because of what I do, life expectancy of certain components is shorter. Add $1000 to your CAC and jump up and down for joy, order a round for the house, go home and chase momma til you catch her and celebrate if it still holds pressure after 18 months...or trade me, because that's what I do!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Billy7871 , farmer70
01-28-2020, (Subject: Charge air cooler ) 
(01-28-2020 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

Yes you did:waaaht:!
That is the typical life span of a CAC, beyond that is not normal. Most would never know as they don't test/find the issue until the hairline crack turns into a gaping crevice.

I do hard work, I go places that would make most cry...and I do it at ridiculous weights.
Because of what I do, life expectancy of certain components is shorter. Add $1000 to your CAC and jump up and down for joy, order a round for the house, go home and chase momma til you catch her and celebrate if it still holds pressure after 18 months...or trade me, because that's what I do!

Good to know (at least some of that).
replyreply
01-29-2020, (Subject: Charge air cooler ) 
{link removed by Rawze}, This is the best charge air cooler on the market.
replyreply
(01-29-2020 )Tnevin225 Wrote:  {link removed by Rawze}, This is the best charge air cooler on the market.

Where is my popcorn... Ok, ready!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant , JimT
(01-29-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Where is my popcorn... Ok, ready!

Can I have some too.
replyreply
(01-29-2020 )Tnevin225 Wrote:  
(01-29-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Where is my popcorn... Ok, ready!

Can I have some too.
never mind the popcorn where's the beer at?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
O...snap. Say it 3 times and here comes the beast. Lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.