ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
01-29-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
I was wondering if everything that applies to the ISX egr tuneup applies to the X15.

I have an X 15 with about 288K miles on it and I'd like to stay on top of things.

Thank you for your replies
replyreply
RE: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup
Yep, pretty much identical, sensors, etc. Same block as the 2350, mainly internal changes were made, they did take the fuel pump out of the oil circuit and of course the new one piece emission SCR setup. I would say the SCR setup is the one thing you would need to learn about as far as maintaining, as that has changed over the previous years. The fuel pumps are still an item of concern, they should be rebuilt prior to reaching the 400,000 mile mark, no change there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Edjahman
I posted part numbers on another thread but I'll post them here as well, 288k is quite abit late, no more than 150k miles on sensors and while you have everything out of the way I would run the overhead too because waiting til 500k you might be replacing the camshaft. Post pics of the imap when you pull it I'm interested to see how it looks.
My engine is a Performance series so this may or may not be the right numbers for your X15
Egr temp #5461596
Egr differential #4358939
Exhaust pressure #4928594
Imap #2897334 <------ double check this number quickserve is not showing it for the X15
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Edjahman
01-30-2020, (Subject: ISX egr tuneup vs X15 egr tuneup ) 
The previous owner took it in to have the overhead done and apparently the cam was bad so it's got a new cam.

Also one of the sensors, the tip broke off, so I believe all of the sensors have been replaced but I'll ask Peterbilt next week because it's going in for a DPF cleaning.

I'll post a pic of the IMAP sensor. I've cleaned it before on my old tractor.

What about the piping that gets clogged with soot etc and other things. Should I just watch the EGR tuneup videos on YouTube and go by that?

When should I have the overhead adjusted again?

Thank you
replyreply
Thank you.

The previous owner said the fuel pump issue was an ISX issue but apparently not huh?

I guess I'll have to have it rebuilt like you said.

As far as the one piece dpf scr canister, I'm still learning about that.

Take care
replyreply
(01-30-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  The previous owner took it in to have the overhead done and apparently the cam was bad so it's got a new cam.

Also one of the sensors, the tip broke off, so I believe all of the sensors have been replaced but I'll ask Peterbilt next week because it's going in for a DPF cleaning.

I'll post a pic of the IMAP sensor. I've cleaned it before on my old tractor.

What about the piping that gets clogged with soot etc and other things. Should I just watch the EGR tuneup videos on YouTube and go by that?

When should I have the overhead adjusted again?

Thank you

You had a bad cam when? Just over 200K ?!?! Wow someone was abusing that engine with very long oil drain intervals!! That is NOT normal.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Edjahman
(01-30-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  Thank you.

The previous owner said the fuel pump issue was an ISX issue but apparently not huh?

I guess I'll have to have it rebuilt like you said.

As far as the one piece dpf scr canister, I'm still learning about that.

Take care

the fuel pump is still an issue... only change they made was for it to have a separate oil circuit so it does not destroy (hopefully) the whole engine like the older model engine... but it still fails, and still has same problems!.

replace the guts every 400k miles and you prevent it.

--
however --- you said the cam has already been wiped out -- I would replace the fuel pump guts now.. because if some dips$%it was doing 30k or even 50k oil changes and wiped that overhead cam out already, then there is now at least 500k or miles worth of wear in that whole engine!-- sounds like you have purchased someone else's neglected abused garbage it sounds like... and now you will have to face all the problems associated .

i hope you did not pay a lot of money for that truck, is all I can think of after you saying the cam has already been wiped out. -- someone who sold it likely knew it too.

your also going to want to do most of all the other 500k maintenance items as well + start running a gallon of gear oil in it at every oil change.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
The previous driver is a friend of mine who still works for the company I am leased to.

He's also a certified mechanic and the tractor has had a bypass filter since day one. He was doing 15K intervals. Peterbilt in SLC said that one lobe was going bad on the cam and that it was just a bad cam. They said that maybe it wasn't hardened properly.

I don't believe this tractor was abused but I guess stranger things have happened.
replyreply
I just spoke with Peterbilt in SLC and they looked up the service record and stated to me that the #1 lobe had been flattened and that it was a factory related cam or rocker issue.

That's all they told me.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.