2011 386 ultrashift swap to manual
02-05-2020, (Subject: 2011 386 ultrashift swap to manual ) 
2011 386 ultrashift swap to manual
Still no cruise control. Everything else is working clutch switch will turn off pto settings and jakes.
I’m getting push and release clutch before setting cruise.
Changed all settings in insite and ESA to manual transmission. Any help in this area. I’ve searched all of the World Wide Web for answers. Just wondering on cab plug if I’m going to have to add a second speed sensor to pin 28. And 29?
replyreply
RE: 2011 386 ultrashift swap to manual
Monitor vehicle speed with Insite. Is it reading more than 0 while moving? If not, then you will need to wire in a speed sensor to the rear of your transmission. I'm not from America, but all Paccar trucks I see with manual transmissions have 2 speed sensors - 1 for the cab and 1 for the engine.

If there is already 1 wired to the ECM, then make sure you have vehicle speed source set to magnetic in Insite.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard
(02-05-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Monitor vehicle speed with Insite. Is it reading more than 0 while moving? If not, then you will need to wire in a speed sensor to the rear of your transmission. I'm not from America, but all Paccar trucks I see with manual transmissions have 2 speed sensors - 1 for the cab and 1 for the engine.

If there is already 1 wired to the ECM, then make sure you have vehicle speed source set to magnetic in Insite.

I have same truck with a paccar engine 10 speed manual. But it only has one speed sensor. Is it possible that speed sensor wires are split from speed sensor to 4 wire to ecm
replyreply
Yes, you can have 1 sensor with 4 wires.

When I said Paccar trucks, I meant Kenworth and Peterbilt with Cummins engines - Not MX13 powered trucks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: samrath

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.