Manual fan switch
07-04-2016, (Subject: Manual fan switch ) 
Manual fan switch
My 2010 386 had no manual fan switch. But there was a plug hanging behind the dash for it. I bought a switch and installed it.
The problem is: the cab controller recognizes the switch. You can see it turn on and off with PACAR ESA program. But the ecm doesn't see it.
If you enable the switch function in INSITE the fan runs continuously, meaning it thinks the switch has malfunctioned.
I had someone experienced with this look at it, and they said something in the drop down menu from the switch option in INSITE is missing. That's as far as they went at the time.
Anyone have any idea where to go from here?
replyreply
RE: Manual fan switch
(07-04-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  My 2010 386 had no manual fan switch. But there was a plug hanging behind the dash for it. I bought a switch and installed it.
The problem is: the cab controller recognizes the switch. You can see it turn on and off with PACAR ESA program. But the ecm doesn't see it.
If you enable the switch function in INSITE the fan runs continuously, meaning it thinks the switch has malfunctioned.
I had someone experienced with this look at it, and they said something in the drop down menu from the switch option in INSITE is missing. That's as far as they went at the time.
Anyone have any idea where to go from here?

The fan switch in the ECM most likely needs the J1939 address for it assigned to it. I think this can usually be done in Insite, but you need to know the correct adress for it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
it needs to be set on 49 - cab controller in insite to function correctly.
replyreply
(07-04-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  it needs to be set on 49 - cab controller in insite to function correctly.

I did that. I enabled it in two places snd made sure the address was correct. Still acts like it doesn't see the switch.
replyreply
07-05-2016, (Subject: Manual fan switch ) 
Still no luck.
replyreply
07-06-2016, (Subject: Manual fan switch ) 
All MM tuned trucks should have the code blocked so that you can install a manual fan switch into the ground wire of the solenoid, other than that,...

On a stock truck, just buy a second solenoid for the fan clutch and install it into the air-line for it. That is the easiest way without getting it re-programmed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
./uploads/201607/post_602_1467826345_b7a0bab3f25c4a318c0381f2c1da011d.jpeg

If you can see that black wire and red running together into that black connector; that black ground wire is the one to splice into and connect to a new switch in the dash for a manual fan switch. If your running @m*m^2.
replyreply
Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I have the actual switch in the dash and would like it to work properly. Maybe Gearhead can straighten it out when I go for my overhead adjustment in a few thousand miles.
replyreply
07-08-2016, (Subject: Manual fan switch ) 
yes if you bring it buy i can get it hooked up for you.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.