Cummins makes it hard to pre plan overhaul
07-04-2016, (Subject: Cummins makes it hard to pre plan overhaul ) 
Cummins makes it hard to pre plan overhaul
Trying to get together everything I need for when it comes time to inframe. New head is easy enough once I convinced them that YES you do sell new heads and not just reman.

The problem arises when trying to get the cylinder kits. They tell me I need to measure the liners to see if I have 150mm or 152mm.

.pdf  ISX Overhaul Kit Options.pdf (Size: 184.38 KB / Downloads: 337)

I also need to see if I have fracture split or saw cut connecting rods as that will change the rod bearing I need.

.pdf  ISX15QSX15 Fracture Split Con Rods.pdf (Size: 590.61 KB / Downloads: 793)

Thanks cummins.... your awesome!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: Cummins maes it hard to pre plan overhaul
Yes most are the 150mm order the kit per engine serial then after measure original with micrometer. Then just order the rod bearings after you pull apart. Most are saw cut.
replyreply
RE: Cummins makes it hard to pre plan overhaul
(07-04-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Yes most are the 150mm order the kit per engine serial then after measure original with micrometer. Then just order the rod bearings after you pull apart. Most are saw cut.

I've got a 500 horse, so.mine is the highest hp and torque rating available with the family II. Any chance you've seen the 150mm in the lower hp but thicker 152mm for the higher or would you still think 150mm is my safe bet?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Take a look at my earlier post. Here is why you need to measure before you buy. Check your cpl number because it may not be in the batch of "big bore" engines.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=490
replyreply
(07-04-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  Take a look at my earlier post. Here is why you need to measure before you buy. Check your cpl number because it may not be in the batch of "big bore" engines.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=490

I thought this sounded familiar. ....

I've got the 2733 CPL.

replyreply
the CPL2733 is mixed in with the big bore motors so your kit could go either way 150mm or 152mm.

http://www.cumminsrockymountain.com/site...202015.pdf

thats not the full pdf from cummins I'm sorry I couldn't find the original but it's got the important page lol.

And the 2733 does have a 550hp cal, I'm honestly not sure why though cause it's got the torque cut back in the lower rpm range more then the 500 cals, so the 500hp will feel stronger where most guys use them in the 1200-1500rpm range. after about 1600 the 500hp will taper off and the 550 holds on a bit longer though.
replyreply
lol my bad just click preacherboys link and seen he had that pdf on the cpl's listed there. too slow to the party as usual.....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.