Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
02-15-2020, (Subject: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?) ) 
RE: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
It is sad... I hate to see this ...
Now you know exactly why everyone on this forum screams to pull the pump apart when purchasing a used truck with the 2250 or 2350 engines. (like was mentioned here when you first joined: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid45574 ).

if you took it to a shop- in rome,GA ... I would be severely worried first of all. I don't care what they claim or say, it is highly doubtful they rebuild it correctly if it has to all come apart. that is a bad business decision even without considering the rest of it.

Next,... if they have not dealt with the fuel pump of death issue before,.. it is even less doubtful they will properly clean that engine out properly.

Tell those people to put it back together, Get a tow-truck and get it over to Mr. Hags in griffin,GA. - don't screw with fate more than you already have.

Mr. Hag in griffin,GA ... he has done a lot of them that have done exactly this. He resorted to making a flush machine and it takes about 6 to 8 complete oil flushes with a diesel/oil mix and high degree of filtration + a whole lot of things have to come apart to get most of the aftermath out of the block before a person can even think about the possibility of saving the engine. -- It is a very difficult task to get that engine clean enough to even consider trying to make it run again without it eating itself to death over and over. He also does all of the extra things recommended on this forum with consideration of the rebuild process, take zero shortcuts with them, and stands behind what he does 110% + gives warranty. - Now that is a good business decision that a person can rely on.

-- However, Personally, with what I see in the pan, if i owned it, I would have to tell myself that .. that thing is done. - Save the non-lubricated components and send the rest to a junk yard to become land fill. - GET with Mr.hag (not that shop in rome,GA), buy a brand new short block, he will tear it down, re-machine it, build it up right (using the recommended ways and settings from this forum), put a brand new head on it, send the turbo off to YTS for a tear-down and rebuild to remove the metal from it, yes, even the turbo suffers this fate.. YTS will have impeller shaft inspected, etc...

... and start over.

short block reference: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid11611

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Roysbigtoys
Sad..... this all could have been avoided.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-15-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Ended up with a complete crate motor when my 2350 pump came apart last spring. No light no nothing just oil psi issues so bad i thought it was a sensor gone nuts and thats what was found. Shrapnel in the pan and bearings cut down to copper.

I have talked to a attorney friend on mine about this. This is bs that Cummins doesn't do something about it. Probably will do no good though.
replyreply
(02-15-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  
(02-15-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Ended up with a complete crate motor when my 2350 pump came apart last spring. No light no nothing just oil psi issues so bad i thought it was a sensor gone nuts and thats what was found. Shrapnel in the pan and bearings cut down to copper.

I have talked to a attorney friend on mine about this. This is bs that Cummins doesn't do something about it. Probably will do no good though.

Your wasting your time.

replyreply
(02-15-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  

Your wasting your time.

It looks like I'm not going to have anything else to do for awhile.
replyreply

Your wasting your time.

Need a job?
Send me a pm.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

Your wasting your time.

Ha Ha Ha very true.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.