CM870 Smoking Issues
02-17-2020, (Subject: CM870 Smoking Issues ) 
RE: CM870 Smoking Issues
First off, thanks guys for taking time to reply! @hhow55 I will change out the block valve and see what happens. I only have a single 75 Gal tank so no splitter valve to goof up. @lonestar10, I will definitely pin and re-wedge the cams again, just to verify nothing slipped. @chamberpains, is it possible to have a EGR valve that acts erratic after a few hours of heat soak and engine idling without flagging the check engine light? It acted up very mildly today while idling while offloading so I took the few minuets I had, unplugged the EGR temp sensor, while running, pulled the pipe of the mixer connection and really didn't feel any exhaust flow coming out. All the while she continued to smoke white and stink like raw fuel. @rawze, I have changed the crank and cam sensors, I have not revisited the tone wheel yet. I'm going to service it Saturday and I'll take the opportunity to drop the pan and verify it. I will try to get to the turbo next time it acts up to verify that as well. I did replace the vibration damper during the overhaul. I saw it was recommended to do so on here. I was hoping it would act up when I got back to my shop today and pressurize the tank to see what happened but she was burning perfectly clean. Once I get insight back up and running, I will definitely try a cut out test when it acts up. The gear pump shows no external signs of leakage, the engine doesn't "make oil" so I'm assuming that when a pump starts going bad they suck air on the internal side or leak fuel into the oil? I have PM'd Unilevers several times about the cold weather issue but I can't seem to get a hold of him for advice on that or a fix.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM870 Smoking Issues - Submariner - 02-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.