CM870 Smoking Issues
02-18-2020, (Subject: CM870 Smoking Issues ) 
RE: CM870 Smoking Issues
the engine has multiple operating modes.. it is very possible it is changing into a different run mode when you unplug that sensor... you need Insite to properly troubleshoot your problem, and you need ( C A L T E R M ) if you want to know what engine modes it is jumping into or out of, what it is actually doing, etc. ... All your accomplishing by unplugging stuff randomly is nothing but guessing blindly at it.

smoking issues are typically not rocket science... clean up the egr and intake systems/circuits on it,.. replace all the old sensors that are more than a couple years old, including the Delta-P and crossover tubes for it,. Check the EGR valve, etc. and go from there.

BTW: The EGR valve on the CM870 is notorious for going bad.. it is a bad design where it suffers the heat from the exhaust, and they like to go bad repeatedly. The Delta-P sensor is located (roughly) behind/to the right of the fuel filter and is one of the most neglected circuits and sensors on the 870.

If you can't figure it out, then take a trip down to Mr.hags in atlanta and get some professional help by someone who has this stuff, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM870 Smoking Issues - Rawze - 02-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.