High idle settings?
02-20-2020, (Subject: High idle settings? ) 
RE: High idle settings?
(02-20-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Look and see if PTO is disable. if so need to enable it and expand it and set max rpms to like 1650 or so then what ever you want set or resume to be the last 2 in that area

Ok... I'll check that. This ecm actually has several parameters that are labeled read only.
replyreply
02-20-2020, (Subject: High idle settings? ) 
(02-20-2020 )sprayerman Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Look and see if PTO is disable. if so need to enable it and expand it and set max rpms to like 1650 or so then what ever you want set or resume to be the last 2 in that area

Ok... I'll check that. This ecm actually has several parameters that are labeled read only.
alot of the parameters like for example the road speed governor is "read only" but yet fully adjustable but if you're changing something and it's not letting you then that's another story..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sprayerman
02-21-2020, (Subject: High idle settings? ) 
If I turn cruise off and hit set and resume it will adjust my idle rpm on a peterbilt.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-21-2020, (Subject: High idle settings? ) 
(02-21-2020 )Curtisj28 Wrote:  If I turn cruise off and hit set and resume it will adjust my idle rpm on a peterbilt.

works same way on my prostar.

This feature is however an option, and does not work on all trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-22-2020, (Subject: High idle settings? ) 
(02-20-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 )sprayerman Wrote:  

alot of the parameters like for example the road speed governor is "read only" but yet fully adjustable but if you're changing something and it's not letting you then that's another story..

You guys were exactly right, I finally got a chance to hook back up and the parameters labeled read only were in fact adjustable. Also I got my high idle settings changed via pto like you suggested. Thank you!

The pic is what I was seeing must of not even tried changing them after I saw that.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
The read only indicators can be misleading. For instance it may show an entire category as read only however the items contained within the category can be adjusted. Other times choices made in one area will lock out the ability to adjust settings in another spot.

When I was playing around with this on my tractor I went through and tried all kinds of different things, but I never sent them to the ECM. Instead I would make a note of things to change then reread the settings from the ECM and go through changing and sending them one by one. This approach helps to prevent changing extra settings by accident.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sprayerman
It also should be noted that prostars with the idle free bs will not operate high idle correctly. I have to release the brakes turn on cruise and use accel to achieve the desired rpm and coast does nothing. There also is no single step 100 rpm high idle. Far as i can tell these options are blocked by diamond logic somehow.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.