How much gear lube to add?
07-10-2016, (Subject: How much gear lube to add? ) 
RE: How much gear lube to add?
Just to be clear, I am going to fix the boost leak, replace the CAC, and replace IMAP/ex pressure before replacing the turbo just to be certain but as I said...I have a feeling. Oh and even though there is no soot I am going to replace the turbo mounting gasket just for fun.
replyreply
I can't help on the turbo issue, but the CAC, stick with the OEM. The same issues in regards to the CAC in the International apply to all truck manufacturers. Been down that road, the dealer in some cases is the best source for crucial parts like the CAC. Just shop around, I play the parts/price matching game with my dealer all the time with good success.
replyreply
Interesting, it's too bad that we don't have a good CAC of a more durable construction available. I'm the type that over builds things so it's driving me nuts that I have to buy a chintzy OEM one that will probably start leaking in short order. Yeah I'm sure I'll have to try that because here in Denver we just have MHC and Rush, MHC sucks but I haven't tried Rush yet. I really like Wichita Kenworh though, low prices and excellent.
replyreply
(07-10-2016 )Pirate_Freder Wrote:  ...
I'm curious as to what you meant about the turbo making the blow-by Rawze? Because the way I see it the only way the turbo could be responsible for blow-by is if it were overboosting. I have never seen mine do that.

It has nothing to do with overboosting. It has to do with the fact that a bad seal can push generated boost pressure into the oil drain tube for the turbo and down into the crank case. I have seen this before.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-10-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  It has nothing to do with overboosting. It has to do with the fact that a bad seal can push generated boost pressure into the oil drain tube for the turbo and down into the crank case. I have seen this before.

Oh ok, well I don't have any oil on the compressor side. You've got me wondering if my exhaust side seal is leaking though. When the squealing happens the oil pressure drops into the low 30's. I had decided it was temp because it seemed to correlate better with when the squeal went away but I may have been wrong there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.